Mixpanel helps companies measure what matters, make decisions fast, and build better products through data. With our powerful, self-serve product analytics solution, teams can easily analyze how and why people engage, convert, and retain—in real-time, across devices—to improve their user experience.
Mixpanel serves over 30,000 companies from different industries around the world, including Expedia, Uber, Ancestry, DocuSign, and Lemonade. Headquartered in San Francisco, Mixpanel has offices in New York, Seattle, Austin, London, Barcelona, and Singapore.
About the Role
The Global Deal Desk Lead will be a leader to support all customer deals from the inception of a sales opportunity to booking the signed contract. This person is skilled and knowledgeable in a variety of areas such as enterprise software customer contract structure, common SaaS metrics, revenue recognition, and best practices in the Configure, Price, Quote process.
The successful candidate will be able to partner with sales, finance, legal, and sales operation teams to establish scalable processes and accelerate the closing of deals.
- Provide guidance and support to sales on contract negotiations internally, including deal structure, discounting guidance, approval requirements, and order processing.
- Review sales-proposed contracts to ensure accuracy and compliance with published sales and finance policies, and escalate contracts as needed based on business judgment.
- Drive best practices and enablement to increase sales effectiveness around the Configure, Price, Quote process.
- Support Mixpanel’s processes to ensure data integrity and consistency in all closed opportunities.
- Work cross-functionally to upgrade and improve systems as the business grows.
We're Looking For Someone Who Has
- 3+ years experience in deal desk or sales operations role in SaaS working with customer contracts.
- Working knowledge about common SaaS metrics and revenue recognition.
- Experience in dealing with complex, cross-functional deal management across sales, finance and legal.
- Exceptionally strong communication skills, including effectively communicating with senior management.
- Strong structured problem-solving skills along with the ability to demonstrate practical judgment in complex situations.
- High level of attention to detail is critical.
Bonus Points For
- Strong understanding of Salesforce-based quote-to-order processes, with experience in Salesforce CPQ a plus
- Able to work with a high degree of autonomy, particularly within a global setting
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and G-Suite
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental Care
- Mental Wellness Benefit
- Generous Vacation Policy & Additional Company Holidays
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- Volunteer Time Off
- Additional US Benefits: Pre-Tax Benefits including 401(K), Wellness Benefit, Holiday Break
- Be Open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose
- Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success
- Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business
- Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives
- One Team: We can’t win without each other
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the product analytics space, Mixpanel has raised $77M from world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design, and customer service.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or other similar laws that may be applicable, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.