Mixpanel helps companies measure what matters, make decisions fast, and build better products through data. With our powerful, self-serve product analytics solution, teams can easily analyze how and why people engage, convert, and retain—in real-time, across devices—to improve their user experience.
Mixpanel serves over 30,000 companies from different industries around the world, including Expedia, Uber, Ancestry, DocuSign, and Lemonade. Headquartered in San Francisco, Mixpanel has offices in New York, Seattle, Austin, London, Barcelona, and Singapore.
About the Partnerships Team
The Partnerships team at Mixpanel is responsible for acquiring, activating, and growing a global ecosystem of Services, Sales, and Technology Partners. We’re on a mission to help extend Mixpanel’s reach and allow our product and go-to-market (‘GTM’) teams to scale efficiently while becoming the go-to product analytics solution for Partners and Customers across the globe. This highly cross-functional and collaborative team leverages our network of Partners to support the company’s customer acquisition, activation, and retention goals.
About The Role
Mixpanel is in a stage of high-growth and partnerships is a key piece of the puzzle to our growth across the Europe, Middle East, and Africa (‘EMEA’) region. We are looking for a highly motivated leader and team player to join our Partnerships team to support the growth of Reseller partnerships in EMEA.
In this role, you’ll identify, recruit and operationalize new reseller partnerships to help expand Mixpanel’s indirect sales reach across EMEA. You will build a regional partner business plan with quantified goals and milestones to achieve partner sourced revenue metrics to meet all quarterly sales requirements.
This role manages existing reseller partners in Germany, Russia, and the Middle East, as well as being responsible for acquiring and nurturing new reseller relationships across all of EMEA. You will drive the strategy for your partners, be responsible for managing your partner relationships, executing go-to-market (‘GTM’) activities with your partners, accountable for exceeding quarterly quota, generating pipeline and forecasting revenue, and helping your partner reps resell Mixpanel to generate revenue. You have experience working with Channel Resellers, Distributors, System Integrators (‘SIs’), and Digital Agencies to understand channel dynamics, and will leverage previous experiences to accelerate your partnerships and grow the region.
Aside from having channel / indirect sales experience, you exhibit the two core characteristics of the Mixpanel Partnerships Team: low-ego and self-motivation. This is a great opportunity for an experienced Business Development professional to join a growing channel program or an Account Executive looking to shift to a channel sales role and make a significant impact in the region.
- Own and drive relationships with Reseller partners in Germany, Russia, and the Middle East to generate significant resell revenue in region through new customer acquisition and existing customers upsell.
- Identify, recruit, enable and manage long-term relationships with new reseller partners (Regional Service Integrators (SIs), Digital agencies, Product Development agencies, etc.) to support business goals and to execute channel strategies
- Develop a deep understanding of partner business models, needs, and challenges including an understanding of our mutual customers’ needs.
- Develop GTM plans with partners to achieve and exceed revenue targets.
- Execute GTM activities and lead cross functional teams on activities such as onsite trainings, email campaigns, remote training sessions, webinars, and events.
- Generate reseller revenue and assist partner sales teams to close deals. Manage pipeline generation and revenue forecast reporting.
- Leverage existing relationships at partners to influence decision makers, increase mindshare, and accelerate engagement from partners.
- Assist partners with product positioning, configuration, demonstrations, sales strategy, and closing deals.
- Forge strong Mixpanel-internal relationships with key managers and support organizations in a dynamic and growing environment to ensure the right people and connected at the right time.
We're Looking For Someone Who Has
- 5+ years of channel or direct sales experience in a Channel Sales role or equivalent quota-carrying role
- Significant understanding of SaaS revenue organizations and incentive structures
- Entrepreneurial mindset with experience building and scaling partnership programs and ecosystems. Effective in a dynamic, high-growth, fast-paced environment
- Builds trust with partners and persuades with high integrity
- Execution focused but able to see larger picture
- Self-starter with great time management skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team-based organization, collaborate cross-functionally, and build alignment around goals and objectives
- Passionate about helping the world learn from its data and have expertise in data-driven analytics
- Travel as necessary (and when possible), typically 25% or more depending on territory/region coverage
- Multi-lingual preferred, especially German or Russian.
Bonus Points For
- Experience in business development and building reselling channel
- Familiarity with analytics ecosystem and Mixpanel’s technology platform
- Management consulting experience
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental Care
- Mental Wellness Benefit
- Generous Vacation Policy & Additional Company Holidays
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- Volunteer Time Off
- Additional US Benefits: Pre-Tax Benefits including 401(K), Wellness Benefit, Holiday Break
- Be Open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose
- Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success
- Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business
- Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives
- One Team: We can’t win without each other
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the product analytics space, Mixpanel has raised $77M from world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design, and customer service.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or other similar laws that may be applicable, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.