Mixpanel helps companies measure what matters, make decisions fast, and build better products through data. With our powerful, self-serve product analytics solution, teams can easily analyze how and why people engage, convert, and retain—in real-time, across devices—to improve their user experience.
Mixpanel serves over 30,000 companies from different industries around the world, including Expedia, Uber, Ancestry, DocuSign, and Lemonade. Headquartered in San Francisco, Mixpanel has offices in New York, Seattle, Austin, London, Barcelona, and Singapore.
About the Role
Security at Mixpanel is not a “check-the-box” exercise. Our growing team is dedicated to understanding and managing security risks while enabling our engineering and product design partners to continue making world-class software. The team is looking for a security and privacy leader to partner with its world-class product and engineering teams.
Together with the current security team, not only will you drive enterprise security initiatives, but also be an advocate for security and privacy at Mixpanel.
Mixpanel is seeking a dynamic Program Manager to support our Information Security and Information Technology teams that will help build, improve and report upon the services and processes that keep our business running effectively and securely.
- Help define, scope, plan and execute highly visible Information Security and IT projects
- Apply Agile project management methodologies to ensure that projects continue to move forward and are delivered on time and workloads are accurately planned and accounted for
- Interact with stakeholders across the company to build and maintain relationships that allow Security and IT to successfully deliver on their respective missions
- Develop, maintain and report upon security and IT program KPIs
- Coordinate with third-party vendors to plan and conduct audits and penetration tests and track remediation efforts to resolve findings
- Help drive process improvements across multiple teams and functions
We’re looking for someone with:
- 4+ years of hands on program management experience in a technical field
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Strong bias for action; ability to juggle multiple priorities and create a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to influence without authority and hold others accountable to push through initiatives
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired
- Experience with Jira for project management would be a benefit
- Preference to candidates with Agile Scrum experience and Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or Project Management Professional (PMP) qualifications
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental Care
- Mental Wellness Benefit
- Generous Vacation Policy & Additional Company Holidays
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- Volunteer Time Off
- Additional US Benefits: Pre-Tax Benefits including 401(K), Wellness Benefit, Holiday Break
- Be Open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose
- Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success
- Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business
- Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives
- One Team: We can’t win without each other
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the product analytics space, Mixpanel has raised $77M from world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design, and customer service.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or other similar laws that may be applicable, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.