Mixpanel helps companies measure what matters, make decisions fast, and build better products through data. With our powerful, self-serve product analytics solution, teams can easily analyze how and why people engage, convert, and retain—in real-time, across devices—to improve their user experience.
Mixpanel serves over 30,000 companies from different industries around the world, including Expedia, Uber, Ancestry, DocuSign, and Lemonade. Headquartered in San Francisco, Mixpanel has offices in New York, Seattle, Austin, London, Barcelona, and Singapore.
About the Role
We are looking for an analytically minded, ambitious individual to join our Financial Planning & Analysis team. Financial Planning & Analysis is responsible for stewarding Mixpanel’s financial success by owning Mixpanel’s Financial Plan, objectively reflecting Mixpanel’s performance, and acting as a partner to evaluate the financial outcomes of various initiatives.
As an Analyst in the Financial Planning & Analysis team, you will play a critical role in standing up new reporting to help each team understand their level of investment and return. As new challenges and opportunities arise, you will be a key player in assessing their financial potential. You will work closely with the entire organization to understand and interpret financial results.
- Act as a key contributor to the financial planning process, owning workflows related to ongoing planning adjustments, reporting on actuals and explanations of variances vs plan
- Contribute significantly to forecasting efforts, standing up and stewarding new ways to increase reliability of forecasting revenues and expenses
- Collaborate with the team and cross functional leaders to understand ongoing reporting needs and enable such reporting
- Develop a deep understanding of Mixpanel’s ongoing business and operations so as to be able to provide a perspective on the ongoing efficiency of the business
- Own and/or contribute to forecasting of financial statements
- Develop additional processes to ensure high degree of data accuracy throughout Mixpanel systems
- Run ad hoc analyses to evaluate financial outcomes of proposed new business initiatives
We're Looking For Someone Who Has
- 1+ years of work experience in a similar role (Finance, Operations, Consulting, Banking, etc)
- Strong analytical, conceptual, and verbal/written skills
- Inquisitive work style with keen attention to detail, and the ability to see beyond the numbers to drive meaningful business decisions
- Ability to learn quickly, work with ambiguity, and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Track-record of collaborating with cross-functional partners to lead transformation and growth
- Motivation, self-starting attitude, and a strong desire to drive impact
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel/Google Suite; beginner to intermediate SQL abilities; familiarity or ability to learn Mixpanel, Salesforce, and/or Zendesk
Bonus Points For
- Experience in a high-growth, fast paced environment, preferably at a SaaS or B2B organization
- Fluency with core Go-To-Market operations and metrics including CAC, LTV, ROI, Conversion Ratios, etc.
- Thorough understanding of the roles and objectives of post-Sales organizations
- Working knowledge of Salesforce, including reporting and record management from lead creation through opportunity closure
- Demonstrable passion for the data analytics industry
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental Care
- Mental Wellness Benefit
- Generous Vacation Policy & Additional Company Holidays
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- Volunteer Time Off
- Additional US Benefits: Pre-Tax Benefits including 401(K), Wellness Benefit, Holiday Break
- Be Open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose
- Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success
- Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business
- Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives
- One Team: We can’t win without each other
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the product analytics space, Mixpanel has raised $77M from world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design, and customer service.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or other similar laws that may be applicable, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.