Mixpanel helps companies measure what matters, make decisions fast, and build better products through data. With our powerful, self-serve product analytics solution, teams can easily analyze how and why people engage, convert, and retain—in real-time, across devices—to improve their user experience.
Mixpanel serves over 30,000 companies from different industries around the world, including Expedia, Uber, Ancestry, DocuSign, and Lemonade. Headquartered in San Francisco, Mixpanel has offices in New York, Seattle, Austin, London, Barcelona, and Singapore.
About the Mid-Market (Scaleups) Sales Team
Our Sales team manages the full sales cycle, helping prospects and existing customers leverage Mixpanel to analyze, measure, and improve their customer experience. The team consists of two roles - Account Executives who bring in new business, and Relationship Managers responsible for nurturing existing customers. The Mid-Market (Scaleups) team specifically covers companies with employee sizes from 201-1000, with an emphasis on high-growth tech companies who are changing the world around us.
About the Role
As a Scaleups Account Executive, you'll help our future customers understand the power of Mixpanel as the best-in-class product analytics solution in the market. Collaboration is key, between building strong relationships with prospects and key stakeholders to working with internal cross-functional partners like Sales Engineering to win together as one team. You'll leverage your prospecting skills selling SaaS to tech companies alongside strong knowledge of Mixpanel's product and ecosystem to close new business, powering the next generation of innovative companies.
- Prospect into specific targeted accounts — build and maintain pipeline while owning the sales cycle from start to finish.
- Drive awareness of Mixpanel as a solution within the marketplace and handle inbound requests from interested prospects.
- Approach all deals with a customer focused mentality. Develop relationships and uncover the needs of multiple key stakeholders to find value moments.
- Sell with a long-term consultative approach.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with key partners such as Sales Engineering, Professional Services, Product, Marketing, and Legal.
- Intimately understand Mixpanel's competition as well as technology partners to consult customers on our place in the broader analytics market.
We're Looking For Someone Who Has
- Full cycle SaaS Sales Experience from prospect to close, as an Account Executive or related cross-functional role like Sales Engineer.
- Strong outbound prospector and have had success at closing net new business deals.
- Effective communicator and collaborator — you have strong interpersonal skills and are an excellent team player.
- Adaptability — you understand that change is constant, and you embrace it.
- Agility and resilience — you move quickly and encourage continued improvement.
- Strong work ethic, desire to learn, and a drive to excel.
- Curiosity for the product analytics space.
Bonus Points For
- Experience selling into high growth tech companies.
- Experience with Mixpanel or other analytics tools.
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental Care
- Mental Wellness Benefit
- Generous Vacation Policy & Additional Company Holidays
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- Volunteer Time Off
- Additional US Benefits: Pre-Tax Benefits including 401(K), Wellness Benefit, Holiday Break
- Be Open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose
- Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success
- Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business
- Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives
- One Team: We can’t win without each other
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the product analytics space, Mixpanel has raised $77M from world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design, and customer service.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or other similar laws that may be applicable, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.