Mixpanel helps companies measure what matters, make decisions fast, and build better products through data. With our powerful, self-serve product analytics solution, teams can easily analyze how and why people engage, convert, and retain—in real-time, across devices—to improve their user experience.
Mixpanel serves over 30,000 companies from different industries around the world, including Expedia, Uber, Ancestry, DocuSign, and Lemonade. Headquartered in San Francisco, Mixpanel has offices in New York, Seattle, Austin, London, Barcelona, and Singapore.
About the Role
You'll oversee a global content strategy that extends Mixpanel's brand awareness while keeping us top of mind and differentiated. In the past year, our readership has doubled, and you'll get to continue the momentum by building for the next level of scale.
The ideal candidate will be fascinated by data and product development, and will be able to connect the dots between them through great storytelling. Our target audience of product, growth, and engineering teams craves practical knowledge that will help them build great products with happy users.
In this role, you'll manage a small team of one talented content marketer plus contract writers, which is responsible for Mixpanel's blog, books, and brand presence across social media feeds.
- Build and implement a global content strategy that reaches tech product teams throughout the world, and shapes their perception of the Mixpanel brand. This role is highly cross-functional and will provide the opportunity to work with stakeholders throughout the company, customers, partners, and external thought leaders.
- Own and track performance metrics for the team to establish, validate and iterate on content strategy. We intentionally do not set publishing quotas to provide creative freedom in achieving goals.
- Manage our social media handles and develop strategies to grow engagement. We focus on Twitter and LinkedIn today.
- Refine our brand voice and document do's and don'ts so employees and partners can represent the company with consistency.
- Oversee a small team. It currently includes one talented member plus contract writers.
We're Looking For Someone Who Has
- A track record of success in building global content strategies that grow reach and readership for renowned B2B brands.
- Experience in a content marketing, writing, or communications role, which includes time spent as a people manager.
- A deep content portfolio that you're delighted to share (published writing samples will be requested).
- A data-driven mindset and focus on outcomes over activity. Experience using analytics tools like Mixpanel and/or Google Analytics is a plus.
- Knowledge of digital content best practices and how to implement them, including technical applications (e.g. CMS), SEO/organic, content optimization, etc.
Bonus Points For
- Time spent marketing data or analytics products
- Being a subscriber to The Signal
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental Care
- Mental Wellness Benefit
- Generous Vacation Policy & Additional Company Holidays
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- Volunteer Time Off
- Additional US Benefits: Pre-Tax Benefits including 401(K), Wellness Benefit, Holiday Break
- Be Open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose
- Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success
- Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business
- Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives
- One Team: We can’t win without each other
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the product analytics space, Mixpanel has raised $77M from world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design, and customer service.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or other similar laws that may be applicable, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.