Mixpanel helps companies measure what matters, make decisions fast, and build better products through data. With our powerful, self-serve product analytics solution, teams can easily analyze how and why people engage, convert, and retain—in real-time, across devices—to improve their user experience.
Mixpanel serves over 30,000 companies from different industries around the world, including Expedia, Uber, Ancestry, DocuSign, and Lemonade. Headquartered in San Francisco, Mixpanel has offices in New York, Seattle, Austin, London, Barcelona, and Singapore.
About the Role
We’re looking for an Experimentation Manager who is equal parts test-and-learn scientist, website experience savant, scale extraordinaire, and detail oriented project executor to join our Growth team.
As our Experimentation Manager, you will partner closely with Mixpanel’s Growth, Marketing, Sales, Product, and Partnership teams to run Mixpanel’s experimentation program (everything from A/B testing on the site to offline customer-focused campaigns) and to manage the day-to-day operations of Mixpanel.com. You’ll be in charge of setting and driving Mixpanel’s lead generation & monetization experimentation agenda, determining the success and early skill criteria for each test, setting up tracking and reporting, and working with the broader team to maintain a constant stream of high-quality tests.
You are a rabid data collector: you want to roll up your sleeves to understand existing lead and customer flows and experiences, understand internal Mixpanel perspectives, and you know how to dig through data to uncover key, quantitative insights. You use this data to form hypotheses and drive our testing agenda.
As Experimentation Manager, you’ll also hold the keys to mixpanel.com, which entails managing our external development agency and webmaster, keeping track of budgets, prioritizing requests from different teams at Mixpanel, and ensuring quality of pages, templates, and campaigns launched on mixpanel.com.
Sitting on the Growth team.
- Operate and drive forward Mixpanel’s experimentation and conversion rate optimization program.
- Identify areas of opportunity and craft experiments that boost leads and subsequent conversion rates on all areas of Mixpanel.com - build and push our testing agenda.
- Collaborate with Product, Sales, Engineering and Partnerships on pilot programs and campaigns.
- Partner with other members of the Growth team to drive consistent tests and wins across paid, SEO, webinars, implementation, and free to paid conversion rates.
- Be data-driven in their search for specific areas of opportunity and in evaluating results - you find and analyze data yourself, you actively solicit perspectives from others, and you learn our product and flows inside and out to understand opportunities.
- Determine strict success and early kill criteria for all experiments. You’re laser focused on test win rates, velocity, and lift. You help the organization with test design and interpreting results in a statistically significant fashion.
- Monitor performance of mixpanel.com and create dashboards and reports to communicate out to wider org.
- Partner closely with Design to prioritize all web projects, manage development agency and budget.
- General QA of the website, maintain new pages and wordpress templates, support localization efforts as needed.
We're Looking For Someone Who Has
- Bachelor's degree
- 4 years + experience in a work environment
- Highly analytical - you know how to pull, analyze, and synthesize takeaways from data
- Solid foundation in statistical analysis and experiment design. You know how to structure tests with large or small sets of data and walk away with meaningful conclusions
- Excellent ability to pull and analyze data to drive insights
- Great communicator with strong influencing skills. You’re known for being a good collaborator and can motivate or maintain enthusiasm
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to manage conflicting priorities
- High level of intellectual curiosity
- You deliver high quality results, while operating with a sense of urgency and hustle
- Experience managing a CMS or dev agency
- Familiar with using Excel, Google Sheets, etc. to analyze and summarize performance and learnings
Bonus Points For
- Familiarity with Mixpanel
- Familiarity with VWO or similar A/B testing tool
- Experience using SQL and a stat package like R or Python
- Experience in B2B SaaS or a similarly technical B2B vertical
- Prior experience within a B2B SaaS company
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental Care
- Mental Wellness Benefit
- Generous Vacation Policy & Additional Company Holidays
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- Volunteer Time Off
- Additional US Benefits: Pre-Tax Benefits including 401(K), Wellness Benefit, Holiday Break
- Be Open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose
- Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success
- Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business
- Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives
- One Team: We can’t win without each other
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the product analytics space, Mixpanel has raised $77M from world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design, and customer service.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or other similar laws that may be applicable, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.