Mixpanel helps companies measure what matters, make decisions fast, and build better products through data. With our powerful, self-serve product analytics solution, teams can easily analyze how and why people engage, convert, and retain—in real-time, across devices—to improve their user experience.
Mixpanel serves over 30,000 companies from different industries around the world, including Expedia, Uber, Ancestry, DocuSign, and Lemonade. Headquartered in San Francisco, Mixpanel has offices in New York, Seattle, Austin, London, Barcelona, and Singapore.
About the Role
Security at Mixpanel is not a “check-the-box” exercise. Our growing team is dedicated to understanding and managing security risks while enabling our engineering and product design partners to continue making world-class software. The team is looking for a security and privacy leader to partner with its world-class product and engineering teams.
Mixpanel is seeking a dynamic Cloud Security Engineer to support our Information Security team that will help build and secure the platforms upon which our service runs and upon which our customers depend.
- Identify and communicate cloud platform vulnerabilities and mitigation options to stakeholders that balance business agility with security
- Provide security consultation and guidance on new cloud product, feature, and technology decisions
- Serves as an Information Security Subject Matter Expert (SME) by maintaining knowledge of industry recognized security technologies and concepts; actively engages and assists lines of business to understand their needs and develop secure business solutions
- Drive security improvements in the GCP environment by analyzing the environment against CIS controls, audit requirements, vulnerability scans, penetration tests and threat intelligence
- Support Incident Response process as cloud SME
- Perform Identity and Access Management (IAM) in GCP to ensure that principle of least privilege and role based access control are maintained
- Participate in audits of the cloud environment by working with external auditors and internal resources to ensure we are meeting expectations
- Help drive process improvements across multiple teams and functions
We're Looking For Someone Who Has
- 4+ years of hands on security or cloud engineering experience
- Strong bias for action; ability to juggle multiple priorities and create a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Expert level knowledge of GCP, AWS, or Azure
- Understanding of security issues and controls within the cloud environment
- Experience managing cloud IAM
- Experience supporting cloud native firewalls (GCP)
- Ability to audit and provide audit support for security controls within the cloud environment
- Experience with infrastructure vulnerability testing tools, preferably Rapid 7
Bonus Points For
- Physical firewall device management experience
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental Care
- Mental Wellness Benefit
- Generous Vacation Policy & Additional Company Holidays
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- Volunteer Time Off
- Additional US Benefits: Pre-Tax Benefits including 401(K), Wellness Benefit, Holiday Break
- Be Open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose
- Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success
- Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business
- Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives
- One Team: We can’t win without each other
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the product analytics space, Mixpanel has raised $77M from world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design, and customer service.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or other similar laws that may be applicable, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.