Mixpanel helps companies measure what matters, make decisions fast, and build better products through data. With our powerful, self-serve product analytics solution, teams can easily analyze how and why people engage, convert, and retain—in real-time, across devices—to improve their user experience.
Mixpanel serves over 30,000 companies from different industries around the world, including Expedia, Uber, Ancestry, DocuSign, and Lemonade. Headquartered in San Francisco, Mixpanel has offices in New York, Seattle, Austin, London, Barcelona, and Singapore.
About the Role
Security at Mixpanel is not a “check-the-box” exercise. Our growing team is dedicated to understanding and managing security risks while enabling our engineering and product design partners to continue making world-class software. The team is looking for a security and privacy leader to partner with its world-class product and engineering teams.
Together with the current security team, you will drive enterprise security initiatives and be an advocate for security and privacy at Mixpanel.
Mixpanel is seeking a dynamic Security Compliance Analyst to support our Information Security and Information Technology teams that will help ensure that we meet all of our Governance, Risk, and Compliance expectations.
- Lead security assessments and audits and monitor and manage compliance of implemented enterprise information security controls
- Respond to customer security inquiries. Serve as a company representative with prospects, customers, and partners by assisting with completing security questionnaires, assessments, and audits
- Lead periodic internal risk assessments based on changes to the business, technology, or threat landscape
- Evaluate and manage third-party risk and work with vendors to remediate identified risks
- Ensure that company policies are up to date, recorded, tracked, and disseminated to the entire company
- Coordinate periodic disaster recovery/business continuity testing and training
- Build content for employee security awareness and conduct new hire and ongoing training
- Develop, maintain and report against security control KPIs
We're Looking For Someone Who Has
- 2+ years of experience in a Governance, Risk, and Compliance role, preferably in the technology industry.
- Familiarity with compliance and risk management frameworks, such as SOX, SOC 2, ISO 27001, HITRUST, etc.
- Strong bias for action; ability to juggle multiple priorities and create a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong understanding of Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery principles
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Industry-standard certification such as CISA, CISM, or other related certification is a plus
- Experience with GRC tools such as ZenGRC is a plus
- Project management experience is a plus
- Experience with third-party risk management tools such as Panorays or Bit Sight is a plus
Bonus Points For
- Experience meeting with customers conveying security practices, and answering their questions
- Experience in a SaaS company/cloud-native company
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental Care
- Mental Wellness Benefit
- Generous Vacation Policy & Additional Company Holidays
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- Volunteer Time Off
- Additional US Benefits: Pre-Tax Benefits including 401(K), Wellness Benefit, Holiday Break
- Be Open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose
- Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success
- Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business
- Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives
- One Team: We can’t win without each other
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the product analytics space, Mixpanel has raised $77M from world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design, and customer service.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or other similar laws that may be applicable, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.