Mixpanel helps companies measure what matters, make decisions fast, and build better products through data. With our powerful, self-serve product analytics solution, teams can easily analyze how and why people engage, convert, and retain—in real-time, across devices—to improve their user experience.
Mixpanel serves over 30,000 companies from different industries around the world, including Expedia, Uber, Ancestry, DocuSign, and Lemonade. Headquartered in San Francisco, Mixpanel has offices in New York, Seattle, Austin, London, Barcelona, and Singapore.
About the Team
The EMEA Sales Team is responsible for bringing in new logos, renewing accounts, and up-selling to current customers.
About the Role
We are looking for a highly motivated professional with sound business acumen, strong technical aptitude, and natural sales instincts to join our tech-focused sales teams as a Customer Development Representative. Ideal candidates should be eager to advance in our organization by demonstrating their ability to be tenacious self-starters every day. As a Customer Development Representative, you'll help achieve our corporate revenue objectives by providing world-class customer service and sales support. Specifically, you will help our Growth Plan segment grow. This is our high growth self-serve segment where our customers are mostly inbound. Together with another CDR, you will be responsible for handling these requests in the most efficient and streamlined manner.
The Customer Development team is part of the EMEA Sales organization and is the first point of contact for the majority of our customers.
The objectives of the CDR team are:
- To quickly identify if an opportunity is large enough to need an Enterprise Plan if this has not been identified through pre-qualification routing and to hand over to an Account Executive or
- To support the customer with enough information/demos for them to make a sale fast through our online portal or help them sign up so they can try the product themselves.
- To support customers who could be on a free or online plan that would be looking to upgrade.
- Pick up inbound requests for Demos or Contact from the Sales team.
- To run a quick Discovery and identify exactly the elements the customer needs to see in our platform to make a quick sale. The average deal value you will be responsible for will be between 5-20K USD ARR.
- To organize and run one to many demos or one to one demos if necessary.
- To answer any technical questions or administrative questions they may have.
- To ensure that all the relevant information is captured on Salesforce and kept up to date.
Secondary - availability dependent
- Mine the data we have on customers who are evaluating our platform on the Free version and identify high potential customers which may need to be targeted for outbound activity.
- Conduct outbound activities to prospect, educate, and develop these interested customers to get them to buy.
- Partner with Account Executives to prioritize activities against a strategic target account list
- Provide feedback to ensure continuous process optimization
We're Looking For Someone Who Has
- Strong Technical knowledge and a high level of comfort with providing technical advice and demoing on the fly.
- An agile mind and strong active listening skills who can ask the right questions fast to establish what needs to be done to get a sale.
- Strong and clear communication and presentation skills in order to be comfortable with running sessions which may have relatively large audiences - 10-100 attendees.
- Corporate sales development experience or equivalent experience (Software sales is a plus)
- Successful Inside Sales experience (experience hitting quota, scheduling outbound meetings, etc.)
- Motivation, drive, and a self-starting attitude
- Creativity and the desire to innovate and build in a growing sales organization
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Experience of Salesforce
- A 4-year degree or equivalent experience
Bonus Points For
- Language Skills: French and English
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience in the data analytics space
- Experience using Salesforce
- Experience using Marketo, Outreach, or other marketing automation tools
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental Care
- Mental Wellness Benefit
- Generous Vacation Policy & Additional Company Holidays
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- Volunteer Time Off
- Additional US Benefits: Pre-Tax Benefits including 401(K), Wellness Benefit, Holiday Break
- Be Open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose
- Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success
- Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business
- Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives
- One Team: We can’t win without each other
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the product analytics space, Mixpanel has raised $77M from world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design, and customer service.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or other similar laws that may be applicable, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.