Mixpanel helps companies measure what matters, make decisions fast, and build better products through data. With our powerful, self-serve product analytics solution, teams can easily analyze how and why people engage, convert, and retain—in real-time, across devices—to improve their user experience.
Mixpanel serves over 26,000 companies from different industries around the world, including Expedia, Uber, Ancestry, DocuSign, and Lemonade. Headquartered in San Francisco, Mixpanel has offices in New York, Seattle, Austin, London, Barcelona, and Singapore.
About the Role
We’re looking for a Scaled Onboarding and Activation Manager who is equal parts product expert, customer fanatic, obsessive automator, scale extraordinaire, detail oriented project executor, and test-and-learn scientist to join our Growth team.
As our Scaled Onboarding and Activation Manager, you will interface with new customers at scale and partner closely with Mixpanel’s Growth, Marketing, Sales, Product, and Partnership teams to provide high quality training and support - at scale - for the many, many (...many) new customers in our SMB segment. Your immediate focus is to build a scaled training and support experience that drives implementation rate and implementation quality of new customers. Additionally, you will build a scaled experience that supports and drives active product usage and feature education. You will work tirelessly to understand the biggest opportunities in implementation, activation, and premium feature education and then solve them at scale.
Success to you looks like every new customer receiving a white glove treatment feel as they get up and running on Mixpanel - high quality implementation, trust in the data flowing in, trained and active users - whether they’re on a free plan or a paid plan. It also means educating free users on Mixpanel’s paid features and driving conversion in a customer-first way.
You will work tirelessly to understand the customer, build/implement/perform training (written, webinar, videos, whatever works at scale), share insights and programs with other teams, run an iterative test-and-learn optimization program, and scale, scale, scale, scale. You work with a sense of urgency, have a customer mindset, use data to drive improvements to the business, and you roll up your sleeves to make things happen.
Sitting on the Growth team.
- Deeply understand new customer needs around implementation and adoption by segment and persona
- Manage customer onboarding at scale to ensure successful outcomes, accelerating time to value, growing and retaining customers.
- Collaborate with internal marketing, sales, and product resources to empower and train customers to use Mixpanel generally and to use powerful features as efficiently as possible.
- Engage with customer stakeholders at scale to understand their business and technical goals
- Drive high-quality implementations, early adoption, active users, and conversion to paid features.
- Advocate for customer business use-cases with our Product team
- Design and continually improve processes and materials that enhance efficiency and customer experience during onboarding.
- Effectively deliver engaging enablement training and workshops.
We're Looking For Someone Who Has
- Bachelor's degree.
- 4 years + experience in a work environment (preferably customer facing)
- Great communicator with strong influencing skills
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to manage conflicting priorities
- You’re known for being a good collaborator and can motivate or maintain enthusiasm
- High level of intellectual curiosity
- Track record of delivering high quality results with speed.
- You operate with a sense of urgency and hustle.
- Experience building and leading training programs
- Familiar with using Excel, Google Sheets, etc. to analyze and summarize performance and learnings.
- Eagerness to roll up your sleeves and get to work, whether that means building new training, running it yourself before automating, doing analysis on customer needs yourself, etc.
Bonus Points For
- Familiarity with Mixpanel and the process to implement, activate
- Experience in B2B SaaS or a similarly technical B2B vertical
- Prior experience within a B2B SaaS company
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental Care
- Mental Wellness Benefit
- Generous Vacation Policy & Additional Company Holidays
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- Volunteer Time Off
- Additional US Benefits: Pre-Tax Benefits including 401(K), Wellness Benefit, Holiday Break
- Be Open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose
- Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success
- Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business
- Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives
- One Team: We can’t win without each other
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the product analytics space, Mixpanel has raised $77M from world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design, and customer service.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or other similar laws that may be applicable, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.