Mixpanel is the most advanced analytics platform for mobile & web. We help our customers analyze and understand the actions that people take in their applications and our mission is to help the world learn from its data. Today, we currently analyze over 60 billion actions every single month from our customers.
We are looking for people to join our growing sales team.
The Strategic Account Executive position is a quota carrying sales position. As an early member of the team, you'll build a sales pipeline from qualified leads to start, manage enterprise relationships, help refine the sales process, manage the sales cycle, negotiate pricing and close deals to achieve annual targets. Your experience identifying problems and suggesting solutions, as well as building relationships and locating key decision makers within prospective accounts will be crucial to your success.
Our Strategic Account Executives
- Understand the business direction and goals of the accounts as a whole
- Add value to the customer long-term by becoming a subject matter expert - industry knowledge, competitive landscape, core business model
- Account plan for future product expansion to grow accounts over time
- Create an executive network within accounts in territory
- Meet with customers in person when needed (travel up to 30%)
- Project manage across multiple business units within accounts
- Work with internal departments to coordinate resources to make account successful
- Manage legal/procurement process to create scalable global agreements
- Can pick up the need-to-know technical aspects of our product quickly
- Negotiate a large variety of sophisticated contracts
- Are hungry and very performance driven
- You have a minimum of 6-10 years of experience selling Internet software
- Experience developing executive relationships
- Experience mapping internal and external resources to accounts
- Understanding of corporate structures to guide business + legal discussions
- Detailed account planning experience (not just territory planning)
- Experience getting wide and deep within accounts (execution of account plan)
- Background of managing complex deal cycles
- You are coachable and willing to learn new skills
- You are self-motivated, hardworking and proactive
- Ability to build outbound pipeline
- You have a strong business acumen
Why join Mixpanel?
- We have millions in monthly revenue and over 4,000 paying clients; we are enabling these companies to make data-drive decisions
- Our product is used by companies like Amazon.com, Spotify, Healthcare.gov, Uber, Dropbox, Intuit, OpenTable, Salesforce, and more!
- We’ve raised millions from top-tier investors: Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia, and Y Combinator
- There are a lot of cool people here. You will like the people you work with, we promise :)
Throughout the interview process, a common question we get is: "So, what's Mixpanel's culture like?"
- Data driven - we're an analytics company and so we live and breathe by what the numbers tell us. We try to measure everything - it's who we are!
- Transparency - we strive to be really open and upfront with how we build our company. For example, the whole company knows how much revenue we make at any time.
- Speed is really important at Mixpanel. Being fast is an essential part of every experience at Mixpanel: from building products to finding solutions to customer problems to responding to potential new hires.
- Customer experience - our hope is to have the best customer support experience in the world. We'll do anything for our customers.
- Geeky - we're geeky people so don't be surprised when you come in.
- Education - we believe a big reason people quit their jobs is because they've stopped learning. Our goal is to provide resources for people in our company to keep challenging themselves and to be able to learn new things every day.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.