Mixpanel helps companies measure what matters, make decisions fast, and build better products through data. With our powerful, self-serve product analytics solution, teams can easily analyze how and why people engage, convert, and retain—in real-time, across devices—to improve their user experience.
Mixpanel serves over 30,000 companies from different industries around the world, including Expedia, Uber, Ancestry, DocuSign, and Lemonade. Headquartered in San Francisco, Mixpanel has offices in New York, Seattle, Austin, London, Barcelona, and Singapore.
About the People and Culture Team
The Mixpanel People and Culture team is the heart and soul of Mixpanel. We lead with care and empathy and deliver a high-touch employee experience to make Mixpanel a best-in-class, inclusive and supportive place to work and an equitable environment for all employees to grow and advance.
About the Role
As an Employee Experience and Diversity & Inclusion Manager, you will become an expert on our diverse employees and their changing needs and be an advocate for optimizing every facet of their experience at Mixpanel. From onboarding to development and growth, through the alumni phase of a person’s career, you will drive initiatives that anchor employees to our Culture & Values, create a seamless and delightful employee experience, and cultivate inclusion and equity in our company and drive us toward making a more positive impact on the world.
- Evolve existing and create new people engagement programs in innovative ways to enhance employee connectivity and satisfaction, leveraging quantitative data and qualitative feedback to identify and act on improvement areas.
- Identify ways to “surprise and delight” our employees and create an environment that attracts and retains talent through a sought-after work culture.
- Revamp, administer and analyze our Annual and Pulse Employee Engagement Surveys to gain consistent people insights.
- Build compelling and fun social and work events that enhance connections within a work-from-home culture and an in-person office culture.
- Develop Internal Employee Branding that excites our people and keeps them connected to the company, mission, and brand.
- Act as an internal and external ambassador of our Mixpanel culture and values with innovative ways to embed our culture across all employees and develop our external Employee Value Proposition for new recruits.
- Advise, draft and lead internal communications for company-wide announcements, newsletters, etc. to ensure consistent messaging and touchpoints.
- Build and maintain strong, collaborative relationships with key stakeholders, up to and including Vice Presidents. Work closely across colleagues in the People organization & in other teams to develop, design and scale programming across geographies
- Create and drive our first-ever alumni program, ensuring connectivity & an ongoing network with members of the extended Mixpanel community.
Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Belonging
- Design, implement, execute and promote a DEI strategy and multi-year roadmap that is embedded into the employee experience and all of our talent processes, ensuring Mixpanel continues to seek, retain, value and develop people who represent the diversity of the world we live in.
- Act as a strategic advisor and a change management leader to the executive team, People team and Employee Resource Groups with the goal of creating a more inclusive culture for all employees to thrive and grow; influence decisions and goals related to diversity and inclusion priorities through data, analysis, the latest trends, and pragmatic recommendations.
- Provide critical input into our recruiting and learning & development strategy to achieve a more diverse and inclusive workforce, leading outreach efforts to organizations who we may partner with for recruitment or learning & development opportunities.
- Drive and develop our first-ever Corporate Social Responsibility program and conceive and lead external-facing partnerships that support our mission around creating a more diverse and inclusive community in product analytics and tech more broadly and enable our employees to deploy their talent to make a social impact on the broader world.
- Ensure ongoing communications with our employees so they are informed about our objectives, programs and efforts with a clear understanding of how to be involved and the company resources available to them.
- Contribute to company forums and contribute to Employee Resource Groups’ ongoing dialogue in an effort to foster an environment of learning, understanding and safety in sharing perspectives and experiences.
We're Looking For Someone Who Has
- A true believer and experienced practitioner in a “Employee is the customer” mindset
- Successful track record of conceiving and implementing effective Diversity, Inclusion, Equity and Belonging programs in a scrappy startup environment
- Effective communicator and collaborator — you have strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills and know what level to communicate at depending on your audience. You are an excellent team player where no task is too small
- High emotional intelligence and excellent judgment - you will be dealing with sensitive topics and will need to be able to manage key relationships effectively, acting in the interest of employees and the company at all times. You work highly independently but have a constant eye for collaboration and know when to seek approval.
- Deeply skilled in change management. You know how to get people to understand that a best-in-class employee experience and building a more inclusive workplace are everyone’s job, while having a deep sense of personal accountability to drive change, see results and make things happen. You are highly pragmatic about how difficult change is, yet have sky-high ideals and optimism of what we can achieve together.
- Adaptability, agility and resilience: We believe that change is constant and that there is always a better way to do things. You embrace change, can move quickly and are highly resilient when things are ambiguous.
Bonus Points For
Prior experience in Employee Experience and Diversity, Inclusion, Equity and Belonging
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental Care
- Mental Wellness Benefit
- Generous Vacation Policy & Additional Company Holidays
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- Volunteer Time Off
- Additional US Benefits: Pre-Tax Benefits including 401(K), Wellness Benefit, Holiday Break
- Be Open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose
- Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success
- Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business
- Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives
- One Team: We can’t win without each other
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the product analytics space, Mixpanel has raised $77M from world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design, and customer service.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or other similar laws that may be applicable, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.