We are looking for our first dedicated Security Engineer. In this role, you will be the founding member of Mixpanel Security Engineering and help drive improvements to both our production and corporate security. We care deeply about security and would like to have in-house expertise to complement our external security partners. You will help us move faster and factor security into our systems from the outset of the design process.
This is a high impact role on a high-scale system. Mixpanel customers send us hundreds of megabytes of critical business data every second. You will help us continue to earn this trust on an ongoing basis. Additionally, as we sell to larger, enterprise customers, meeting the highest compliance standards for data security and privacy is becoming a key product feature.
- Secure access to our production services for deployment, configuration and debugging
- Lead design and implementation of new security features for our products
- Drive company-wide initiatives to meet compliance standards like HIPAA and FedRAMP
- Implement auditing and monitoring systems to protect our network
- Build tools using Python or Go for infrastructure protection, monitoring and remediation
- Work with Mixpanel teams to evangelize security and implement pragmatic processes to meet both our security and business goals
- Organized and conduct security reviews of sensitive Mixpanel corporate and production infrastructure
- Periodically coordinate with penetration testing partners to test our systems
- Build and run our security incident response program
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of security engineering work experience
- In-depth knowledge of system and network security, including cryptography, authentication protocols, intrusion detection systems, firewalls and VPNs
- Strong coding skills, preferably with one or more of Go, C, C++ or Python
- Experience building tools and processes to reliably identify security issues
- Ability to effectively explain security concepts and technologies
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Mixpanel is the most advanced analytics platform for mobile & web. We help our customers analyze and understand the actions that people take in their applications and our mission is to help the world learn from its data.
We enable companies to build better products by diving deep into data, uncovering meaningful insights into product usage, conversion rates, and user retention. Today, we currently analyze over 85 billion actions every single month from our customers.
- We are all down for the cause (DFTC), and we are all here to make Mixpanel a success. There is no job too big or too small for anyone, and we’re always happy to lend a hand to one another
- We practice rapid iteration. From our code to our kitchen we make constant incremental changes – every day presents a new challenge, and we’re always ready to find a new solution
- We are problem-solvers and we embrace constant change; we are fiercely proud of this
- We are life-long learners. We come to work and expect to learn something new every day.
Why join Mixpanel?
- We have millions in monthly revenue and over 4,500 paying clients; we are enabling these companies to make data-drive decisions
- Our product is used by companies like Amazon.com, Spotify, Healthcare.gov, Uber, Dropbox, Intuit, OpenTable, Salesforce, and more!
- We’ve raised millions from top-tier investors: Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia, and Y Combinator
- There are a lot of cool people here. You will like the people you work with, we promise :)
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records