Mixpanel is the most advanced analytics platform for mobile and web. Our mission is to help the world learn from its data. We currently analyze over 60 billion actions every single month. We are looking for a Support Engineering Manager who will take on the combined responsibility of leading and serving a group of passionate Support Engineers.
Mixpanel Support isn’t your typical support organization. We see it as an engine of growth — every time a customer writes in to Support, it is our job to make them absolutely nuts about our product. To achieve this we have built a team of smart and high-energy people that are passionate about genuinely helping people to get their problems solved.
We are looking for a Support Manager to lead a team of Support Engineers focused on delighting our customers at every single turn in the Mixpanel journey. You will be a part of a Support leadership team that believes Support represents the voice of the customer and is a key brand differentiator. Additionally, you believe that Support is the perfect training ground for a Support Engineer to gain invaluable experience and exposure necessary for career growth.
- Lead the development and execution of the Support team strategy
- Ensure that we go above and beyond to consistently deliver a delightful support experience
- Oversee volume and quality of work across support channels (email, chat, and phone)
- Design and implement new processes to improve operations and our ability to delight at scale
- Hire and scale our team to meet company and customer needs
- Mentor and plan career development tracks for team members
- Build and maintain communication with other Mixpanel teams
What We Are Looking For
- Experience as a Lead, or 1-3 years as a Manager
- Track record of successful project management scheduling and execution
- Demonstrated ability to delegate effectively with a strong willingness to dive into the details when necessary
- Proven ability to collaborate and communicate upward, downward, and with peers as part of a leadership team
- Constant focus on managing high productivity and driving improvement to serve the needs of the customer
- Experience recruiting, hiring, and scaling teams for high performance
- Experience working alongside Engineering and other customer-facing teams, including Success Managers, Sales Engineering, and Account Executives
- Strong understanding of Mixpanel and/or other analytics platforms
- Technical experience (e.g., quality assurance, API documentation)
Support Team Values
- Give Freely: We recognize your efforts and understand asking for help can be hard. We sit by your side to find solutions and build relationships over time.
- Speak Your Neighbor’s Language: We cater to you whenever and wherever. We speak your language and develop relationships the way only a neighbor can.
- Act Decisively: We support smart, because you work smart. We strive to delight you with lightning fast responses and we act when others are not prepared to do so.
- Practice Breathtaking Magic: We are precise in our craft through fierce preparation. We leave customers wondering, “How did they do that?” We go above and beyond to deliver a delightful support experience.
- Invest and Evolve: We are ready to address tomorrow’s questions today. We invest in our development to grow alongside your company.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.
FLSA Status: exempt
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.