At Mixpanel, our mission is to increase the rate of innovation. Not only as a company but for the businesses we serve. Through our analytics platform, companies can analyze how and why their users engage, convert, and retain in real-time across the web, mobile, and smart devices. Then they can use that data to improve their business and products.
Mixpanel serves over 26,000 companies from different industries around the world, including Uber, Expedia, and Twitter. Headquartered in San Francisco, Mixpanel has offices in New York, Seattle, Austin, London, Barcelona, Paris, Amsterdam, and Singapore.
About the Role
We're looking for motivated professionals with strong technical aptitude and natural sales instincts to join our tech-focused Startup team as a Customer Development Representative. You will be eager to grow in our organization by demonstrating your ability to be tenacious self-starters every day.
- Conduct webinars and 1:1 demos for potential customers who qualify for our Startup Program and Growth Plans
- Act as a key player in processing and responding to all inbound leads and conduct information gathering to pre-qualify results through phone, email & social media efforts, and route to the corresponding sales team member.
- Partner & work closely with designated SMB Account Executives on territory penetration
- Research accounts, identify essential players, produce interest and develop meaningful relationships with potential customers in the tech sector
- Craft and prioritize high value accounts in pipeline for strategic follow up (through emailing, strategic calling, social selling)
- Have immaculate SFDC hygiene to ensure efficient lead management and record-keeping while maintaining data integrity
- Provide feedback to our product team to ensure continuous product innovation
- Be a Subject Matter Expert in Mixpanel and product analytics
We're Looking For Someone Who Has
- Documented success in a team environment turning unqualified leads into pipeline/revenue preferred.
- Excellent verbal, phone and written communication skills in English and another European language
- Self-directed, a quick learner and an enthusiastic team player
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage time and resources effectively
- An analytical mindset and is determined to make data-informed decisions and develop technical sales acumen
- Intellectual curiosity and is unafraid to ask questions or collaborate with cross-functional teams (Account Executives, Sales Engineers, Customer Support Managers, Support)
- Passion for professional development (likes to be coached/mentored)
Nice to Haves
One year software sales and/or customer service experience preferred
Knowledge in Google Analytics, SQL, SFDC, BI Tools (like Looker, Periscope)
Experience in the data analytics space
Experience using Salesforce
Experience using Marketo, Outreach or other marketing automation tools
A 3-year degree
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive Medical, Vision, and Dental Care
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 40 Hours of Volunteer Time Off
- Be Open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose.
- Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success.
- Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business.
- Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives.
- One Team: We can’t win without each other.
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the product analytics space, Mixpanel has raised $77M from world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design, and customer service.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or other similar laws that may be applicable, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.