At Mixpanel, our mission is to increase the rate of innovation. Not only as a company, but for the businesses we serve. Through our analytics platform, companies can analyze how and why their users engage, convert, and retain in real time across web, mobile, and smart devices. Then they can use that data to improve their business and products.
Mixpanel serves over 26,000 companies from different industries around the world, including Samsung, Twitter, and BMW. Headquartered in San Francisco, Mixpanel has offices in New York, Seattle, Salt Lake City, London, Barcelona, and Singapore.
About the role:
We’ve built a sizable business in EMEA and are looking for a leader to lead our EMEA business to new heights! In addition to directly leading sales you will partner cross functionally with pre and post sales support. You will have an EMEA wide remit for the GTM strategy and territory management.
In this role, you will be responsible for building and managing a large team of Account Executives, Relationship Managers, and Sales Managers to sell into high-growth startups, mid market and enterprise companies. You will be responsible for the sales strategy from acquisition of new business to nurturing and growing Mixpanels valuable corporate relationships. You will be comfortable in operating within a start- up environment and can make high quality decisions at pace. We are looking for someone who can act as both a sales leader and business leader whilst managing with compassion and respect.
- Directly manage a team of sales managers, Account Executives focused on new customer logos and Relationship Managers looking after existing customers across our Barcelona and London offices
- Provide sales mentorship and coaching to elevate the team’s abilities to manage and close revenue
- Accurately forecast recurring revenue pipeline
- Constantly innovate ways to balance sales opportunities, client management and new
- customer on-boarding responsibilities
- Have a "full customer life cycle" mentality
- Provide actionable feedback regarding building out a partner strategy
- Engage fully with all technical pre and post-sales support
- Focus on client success to create a pool of customers that will serve as references for sales and marketing purposes
- Work to develop and circulate the set of best practices that will serve as the foundation for this growing team
- Listen to the needs of the market and share insights with the product and marketing teams
- Be proactive about solving problems even if it’s outside of your area
- Be ready to take on additional initiatives and responsibilities as they emerge and do everything you can to help the company achieve its larger objective
We’re looking for someone who:
- BA/BS degree in a related field
- 7+ years of experience in a quota-carrying sales role
- 5+ years of experience in sales management and leadership
Bonus points if you:
- MBA degree or evidence of continuous professional development
- Experience with relevant sales methodologies and metrics
- Experience working in a SaaS startup
- Experience hiring and motivating seasoned account executives
- Experience managing individual sales reps as well as team leads
- Knowledge of CRM tools
- Excellent communication, client and time management, negotiation and presentation skills
- Ability to evaluate sound business opportunities, resolve conflicts, close deals and meet/exceed revenue goals
About our culture:
- Be Open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose.
- Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success.
- Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business.
- Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives.
- One Team: We can’t win without each other.
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the product analytics space, Mixpanel raised $77M from world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design,and customer service. Mixpanel has a rapidly growing team of 250+ in our offices in San Francisco, New York, Seattle, Salt Lake City, London, and Singapore.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.