At Mixpanel, our mission is to increase the rate of innovation. Not only as a company but for the businesses we serve. Through our analytics platform, companies can analyze how and why their users engage, convert, and retain in real-time across web, mobile, and smart devices. Then they can use that data to improve their business and products.
Mixpanel serves over 26,000 companies from different industries around the world, including Twitter, Expedia, and Ancestry. Headquartered in San Francisco, Mixpanel has offices in New York, Seattle, Austin, London, Barcelona, and Singapore.
About the team:
The Data Engineering team's mission is to make the decision making process at Mixpanel as data-informed as possible. The team is responsible for the overall health and accuracy of the company's key metrics. It owns the systems that collect, enrich, load, and transform data to provide employees at the company with insight into multiple dimensions of the business. This team also owns tooling and frameworks that aim to make it easier to share knowledge about the data and facilitate collaborative analysis.
About the role:
As a founding member of the Data Engineering team, you will be responsible for building, automating, and maintaining data collection and analysis tools to run our internal operations. You will work closely with partners within Mixpanel to understand their data needs and deliver solutions. Because a lot of our customers are also likely to require the same kind of solutions that we need internally at Mixpanel, you’ll have the unique opportunity to influence our product offerings through your work.
- Own the implementation and measurement of the company’s key metrics
- Work with internal product and engineering teams to implement rich data collection for internal use
- Build and maintain ETL jobs for centralizing data into our Google Cloud data lake
- Build and maintain tools to automate data modeling and data quality checks
- Work with internal partners including Executive Team, Marketing, Business Operations, Customer Support, Finance, Growth, and others to assist with their data needs
- Put in place tooling and frameworks to facilitate data governance and shared analysis between internal organizations
We're Looking For Someone Who Has
- 4+ years of experience building and managing data collection pipelines
- A software generalist who is comfortable working across the full stack
- Familiarity with cloud and warehousing technologies
Nice To Haves
- We run in Google Cloud and rely heavily on BigQuery, Cloud Storage and our internal ETL frameworks to automate tasks
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- Individuals who are motivated by enabling and helping others within the company be data driven
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive Medical, Vision, and Dental Care and 401(K)
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- Company wide holiday shut down
- Volunteer time off
- Be Open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose
- Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success
- Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business
- Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives
- One Team: We can’t win without each other
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the product analytics space, Mixpanel has raised $77M from world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design, and customer service.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.