Design at Mixpanel
We are a small, collaborative team of multidisciplinary designers, and are looking for experienced product designers to help us dive deeper into our product vision, and to strengthen our brand across all the places we interact with our customers.
- Our process always begins with product vision and is a highly collaborative between the product and design teams.
- We focus on innovation with purpose to solve the problem at hand, and we care deeply about simplicity and usability.
- Most importantly, we take time to complete projects the right way. Building a great product is always our top priority, even if it means taking more time to get it just right.
- Working in close collaboration with other designers, product managers, and engineers to see a project from concept through implementation and beyond.
- Being a constant champion for the user, in every aspect of your work.
- Partnering with and mentoring other members of the team. We believe everyone has something to learn and something to share.
- Presenting your work to teammates and stakeholders to gain buy-in on your ideas.
- Helping develop and then working within our design language that helps us ensure we are always true to our brand.
What we value:
- Intentionality – You understand the goals of your work and can explain the rationale behind your design decisions.
- User empathy – You understand that everyone experiences the world differently, and you are driven to understand the needs of your users. Assumptions are fine, as long as they’re acknowledged as assumptions.
- Aware of, but not beholden to, new and current design patterns – You have a desire to push design forward and you pay attention to how other products handle problems.
- Ability to balance different use-cases and prioritize accordingly – Your work successfully simplifies a complex interaction so that simple things are easy and complex things are possible.
- Visuals that are clear, creative, and inspiring – your style is well executed, has a clear hierarchy, and express the brand cohesively and consistently.
- Ability to be self-directed & OK with ambiguity – you enjoy being in a situation where you don’t know the answer, and are driven to try and figure it out, even if it means failing. This includes being willing to ask when you need more direction.
- Learning from each other – you have some skills to share and enjoy helping others learn what you know, even if it’d be quicker to do it yourself.
Mixpanel is the most advanced product analytics platform for mobile & web. We enable companies to build better products by diving deep into data, uncovering meaningful insights into product usage, conversion rates, and user retention. Today, we analyze over 30 Trillion actions every single day.
Why join Mixpanel?
- We were valued at $865mm by Andreessen-Horowitz in 2014, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. We're the clear market leader in the product analytics space, with 11x more market share than the next competitor, according to Datanyze.
- Our mission is to help the world learn from its data, and we are helping 20,000+ companies and counting, including Amazon, Salesforce, Microsoft, iRobot, The United Nations, and more!
- We enjoy working in a collaborative environment where we help each other grow and learn
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.