Mixpanel’s vision is to help the world learn from its data. We help thousands of companies understand how their users behave. This lets them figure out what works, and what doesn’t – ultimately inspiring them to build products that work for their customers. We are in a position of very high leverage: the better we make Mixpanel, the better our customers’ products become, the better the experience for millions of users around the world.
Design at Mixpanel
We have a small team right now, and are looking to grow to allow us to dive deeper into our product vision and to strengthen our brand in all the places we interact with our customers. We’ve been a small agile team, and have proven ourselves by building a great product that our customers love. Now is the time for us to invest in our brand and our future to help us grow into new markets and take our product to the next level.
Analytics can be a tough thing to grok; our goal is to design the simplest way for our customers to collect, analyze, and act on their data. Our process always begins with product vision and is a highly collaborative and iterative effort between the product and design teams. We focus on innovation with purpose to solve the problem at hand, and we care deeply about simplicity and usability. Most importantly, we take time to complete projects the right way. Building a great product is always our top priority, even if it means taking more time to get it just right.
- Working in close collaboration with other designers, product and engineering to see a project from concept through implementation.
- Helping develop and then working within a new design language that helps us ensure we are always true to our brand.
- Being a constant champion for the user, in every aspect of your work.
- Advocating for your design direction in a clear and upfront manner when necessary.
- Working closely with and mentoring more junior members of the team.
- Collaborating with the team to iterate on and establish process changes as we grow.
What we are looking for:
- Intentionality – you can express the goals of the design and why you think your design is successful in meeting that goal.
- User empathy – you understand that everyone experiences the world differently, and are driven to understand the needs of your users. Assumptions are fine, as long as they’re acknowledged as assumptions.
- Aware of, but not beholden to, new and current design patterns – you have a desire to push design forward and pay attention to how other products handle problems, but aren’t too attached to innovation for the sake of the ‘new’.
- Ability to balance different use-cases and prioritize accordingly – your work successfully simplifies a complex interaction so that simple things are easy and complex things are possible.
- Visuals that are clear and directed – your style is well executed, has a clear hierarchy, and express a the goal cohesively and consistently.
- Ability to be self-directed & OK with ambiguity – you enjoy being in a situation where you don’t know the answer, and are driven to try and figure it out, even if it means failing. This includes being willing to ask when you need more direction.
- Experience mentoring other designers – you have some skills to share and enjoy helping others learn what you know, even if it’d be quicker to do it yourself.
Mixpanel is the most advanced analytics platform for mobile & web. We help our customers analyze and understand the actions that people take in their applications and our mission is to help the world learn from its data.
We enable companies to build better products by diving deep into data, uncovering meaningful insights into product usage, conversion rates, and user retention. Today, we currently analyze over 50 billion actions every single month from our customers.
- We are all down for the cause (DFTC), and we are all here to make Mixpanel a success. There is no job too big or too small for anyone, and we’re always happy to lend a hand to one another
- We practice rapid iteration. From our code to our kitchen we make constant incremental changes – every day presents a new challenge, and we’re always ready to find a new solution
- We are problem-solvers and we embrace constant change; we are fiercely proud of this
- We are life-long learners. We come to work and expect to learn something new every day.
Why join Mixpanel?
- We have millions in monthly revenue and over 3,500 paying clients; we are enabling these companies to make data-drive decisions
- Our product is used by companies like Amazon.com, Spotify, Healthcare.gov, Uber, Intuit, OpenTable, Salesforce, and more!
- We’ve raised millions from top-tier investors: Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia, and Y Combinator
- There are a lot of cool people here. You will like the people you work with, we promise :)
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.