(Remote through 2020)
At Mixpanel, our mission is to increase the rate of innovation. Not only as a company but for the businesses we serve. Through our analytics platform, companies can analyze how and why their users engage, convert, and retain in real-time across web, mobile, and smart devices. Then they can use that data to improve their business and products.
Mixpanel serves over 26,000 companies from different industries around the world, including Twitter, Expedia, and Ancestry. Headquartered in San Francisco, Mixpanel has offices in New York, Seattle, Austin, London, Barcelona, and Singapore.
About the Role:
The Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team is responsible for Mixpanel’s financial health. The team works with cross-functional leadership to translate strategy into action by creating a robust budget, establishing reliable projections, and defining and measuring meaningful KPIs. FP&A acts as a mirror for the company measuring possibilities and outcomes.
Mixpanel is looking for an FP&A Manager or Sr. Manager to establish and improve budgeting, monitoring, and forecasting processes. This is a critical role in accelerating Mixpanel’s growth.
- Work with senior leadership to develop long-range strategic and financial plans. Ensure annual budgeting and financial plan is achievable and will achieve the company’s financial objectives
- Steward monthly processes to monitor progress against goals, ensuring a clear understanding of factors influencing revenue, EBITDA and cash position
- Collaborate with Revenue Operations to establish proper revenue targets. Oversee administration of sales compensation plans
- Develop robust revenue and ARR forecasting methodology using inputs from Product, Sales, Marketing and Partnerships
- Manage financial planning software and other financial systems
- Set up and monitor KPIs to understand ongoing business concerns
- Assess the financial viability of new initiatives and design KPIs to understand their success
- Establish benchmarks to help understand Mixpanel’s trajectory vs comparable companies
- Assist with capital planning efforts, corporate finance and investor relations
- 5+ years of total work experience in analytical roles (Strategy, Finance, Analytics, Business Operations, Management Consulting)
- Expert proficiency in financial modeling and analyzing complex and large data sets
- Experience budgeting for SaaS businesses
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Track-record of collaborating with cross-functional partners to lead transformation and growth
- Highly motivated, innate intellectual curiosity, and a strong desire to drive impact
- 2+ years of experience Banking or at a top tier Management or Strategy Consulting firm
- 3+ years of operating experience in Finance, Corporate Strategy, or Business Operations in a high-growth, fast-paced environment, preferably at a SaaS or B2B organization
- Fluency with financial metrics and frameworks for understanding business effectiveness
- Direct or indirect management experience
- Demonstrable passion for the data analytics industry
- Comfortable working with ambiguity
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive Medical, Vision, and Dental Care and 401(K)
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- Company wide holiday shut down
- Volunteer time off
- Be Open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose.
- Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success.
- Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business.
- Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives.
- One Team: We can’t win without each other.
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the product analytics space, Mixpanel has raised $77M from world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design, and customer service.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.