At Mixpanel, our mission is to increase the rate of innovation. Not only as a company but for the businesses we serve. Through our analytics platform, companies can analyze how and why their users engage, convert, and retain in real-time across the web, mobile, and smart devices. Then they can use that data to improve their business and products.
Mixpanel serves over 26,000 companies from different industries around the world, including Twitter, Expedia, and Ancestry. Headquartered in San Francisco, Mixpanel has offices in New York, Seattle, Austin, London, Barcelona, Paris, Amsterdam, and Singapore.
About the role:
We’re looking for an organized, creative, quantitative, and detail-oriented Event Marketer to join the Events and Experiences Team. At Mixpanel, we believe a well-rounded events strategy is crucial to impacting all parts of the funnel: generating awareness, capturing new leads, moving prospects to the next stage, and nurturing existing relationships. Events are a key component of how we build an amazing brand, learn from the market, and drive customer loyalty. We’re looking for an events marketer that can help us continually improve and elevate our events strategy and execution to support our pipeline and revenue goals across the globe.
This role will require working collaboratively with sales leaders, designers, other marketers and leaders at Mixpanel. And you will have a direct impact on our marketing strategy & metrics. You will own each event from creation to the measurement of ROI and project manage all activities to success. Each event will be treated as a full demand generation campaign ensuring proactive lead capture and rigorous follow-up processes with the sales team.
You must thrive in a fast paced environment and enjoy the challenge of going above and beyond. You also must be a data-driven marketer who understands, root causes, and constantly looks to improve the outcome of events.
We’re looking for someone to:
- Own and build the strategy for our branded event series and Mixpanel’s conference presence for our target audiences (product and growth teams)
- Strategically decide which conferences we should go to by understanding our target personas and if it’s a good match based on expected conference attendees. Negotiate all terms and manage the budget to optimize ROI
- Forecast expected outcomes of all events and be accountable to the results, setting event goals, and working tirelessly with a cross-functional team of sales and marketers to achieve those goals
- Build the brand and experience for your events with the Creative team to stand out by surprising and delighting prospects and customers from the signage, look / feel, to the Swag, giveaways, and activities available at and around the event itself
- Build multi-channel event programs that optimizes targeting, spend, RSVP responses, pre-booked meetings, lead collection, content, logistics, social engagement, lead follow through, day of event engagement, and so on and so forth, to drive overall event success
- For Mixpanel owned events, work with our Admin/Office team to conduct research, site visits, negotiate space contracts, help arrange food and beverage, supplies, equipment and signage, and ensure appropriate décor to meet quality and brand expectations
- Have strong communication skills to ensure optimal collaboration & problem solving between many teams
- Keep track of event budgets and finances including check requests, invoicing, and reporting
- Document activities prior to, during, and post events and run debriefs with cross-functional stakeholders to share learnings and improve for the future
- Serve as the liaison with vendors on event-related matters and manage on-site production of events (travel required)
- Experienced: 3-5 years of field marketing, events, brand marketing, or demand generation experience, preferably in the tech space
- Multi-tasker with self-driven work ethic: Able to handle multiple, urgent priorities at once and possesses an outstanding work ethic, a strong sense of urgency, and the ability to accomplish projects with little supervision
- Collaborative, influential, and data-informed: Possesses a fantastic customer first mentality with high expectations for quality. Loves looking at the numbers and finding ways to optimize and improve
- Creative problem solver with a positive attitude: Always able to get any task done and has a plan B and C in place before problems occur. An excellent communicator that thrives under pressure, has high energy, and is able to relentlessly prioritize
Bonus skills & attributes:
- You are quantitative, hypothesis-driven, and possess strong A/B testing copy skills with a love to experiment and test (new messages, new creative, new offers, etc.)
- You have knowledge of the analytics industry
- Familiar with event + webinar technology stacks and/or can learn quickly (we use Splash, On24, Salesforce, Marketo, and Mixpanel)
- Be open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose.
- Customer Focus: Our customer’s success is our success.
- Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business.
- Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives.
- One Team: We can’t win without each other.
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the product analytics space, Mixpanel has raised $77M from world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design, and customer service.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.