At Mixpanel, our mission is to increase the rate of innovation. Not only as a company but for the businesses we serve. Through our analytics platform, companies can analyze how and why their users engage, convert, and retain in real-time across the web, mobile, and smart devices. Then they can use that data to improve their business and products.
Mixpanel serves over 26,000 companies from different industries around the world, including Twitter, Expedia, and Ancestry. Headquartered in San Francisco, Mixpanel has offices in New York, Seattle, Austin, London, Barcelona, Paris, Amsterdam, and Singapore.
About the role:
You will inspire a team of Account Executives and Relationship Managers across North America who are responsible for building relationships with customers in our most strategic segment. You will lead and manage a team to acquire new business and grow revenue in the Tier 1 Tech customer base. You will collaborate with our sales engineering, professional services, product, and support teams to deliver an exceptional experience that addresses our customers’ complex needs. You will hire, develop, and coach the team, driving accountability for performance and overall improvement of sales efficiency metrics.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has shown success in selling a complex SaaS product to a technical audience in large tech enterprises
- Has a broad network with high-growth technology customers and is able to get in the weeds and add value in obtaining business and solving for customer needs
- Overachieves consistently, leading a sales team in acquiring new business, and growing revenue in existing accounts while maintaining a high rate of renewals
- Coordinates cross-functionally with Marketing, Sales Engineering, Professional Services and more to drive activity, pipeline development and to accelerate achieve the value moment for customers
- Drive sales negotiations, craft sales positioning and presentation approach, assist with proposals and POCs, and help drive the pipeline for high-profile “strategic” accounts
- Demonstrates a deep “Customer First” philosophy, focused on delivering value to the customer over the long-term
- Accurately forecasts and achieves quarterly and annual quotas
- Has proven the ability to mentor a team from prospecting, partnering with customers, demonstrating value to driving deals to closure; facilitate career development discussions, and build a culture of performance accountability
- Works successfully with Sales Enablement and Sales Operations to roll out initiatives/programs designed to improve sales execution and effectiveness
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced, continually changing business and work environment while achieving results and managing multiple priorities
- Has the ability to travel
Bonus points if you:
- Have extensive knowledge of the data analytics space and/or have worked in it
- Experience at a high-growth tech company in a highly competitive market
- Have sold products into tech companies and exhibits deep technical acumen with a strong passion for digital products, tech, and innovation
- Familiarity with data ecosystem and has an inner geek waiting to be unleashed
- Be Open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose
- Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success
- Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business
- Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives
- One Team: We can’t win without each other
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the product analytics space, Mixpanel has raised $77M from world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design, and customer service.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.