At Mixpanel, our mission is to increase the rate of innovation. Not only as a company, but for the businesses we serve. Through our analytics platform, companies can analyze how and why their users engage, convert, and retain in real time across web, mobile, and smart devices. Then they can use that data to improve their business and products.
Mixpanel serves over 26,000 companies from different industries around the world, including Samsung, Twitter, and BMW. Headquartered in San Francisco, Mixpanel has offices in New York, Seattle, London, Barcelona, and Singapore.
About the role:
We are looking for a creative and quantitative marketer to lead the Events & Experiences team. You will be responsible for the global events strategy working with regional sales and marketing teams. In addition, your small but mighty team will be responsible for executing all North America events and helping lead our presence at top tier Mixpanel branded events across the globe.
You are a full-stack marketer - you know how to build business cases, lure people to events with strong messages and positioning, measure the efficacy of events, are an organization/targeting machine, strong at contract negotiations, adept at cross-functional collaboration (especially with Sales and SDRs), and whip-smart. You know how to build multi-channel event programs that stand out from the competition and you are relentlessly focused on improving the events engine - through better targeting, spend, content, logistics, event RSVP tactics, social engagement, lead follow through, day of event engagement, and so on and so forth.
At Mixpanel, we believe a well-rounded events strategy is crucial to impacting all parts of the funnel: generating awareness, capturing new leads, moving prospects to the next stage, and nurturing existing relationships. Events are a key component of how we build an amazing brand, learn from the market, and drive customer loyalty. We’re looking for an events leader that can help us continually improve and elevate our events strategy and execution to support our pipeline and revenue goals across the globe.
We’re looking for someone who will:
- Build an events strategy to meet revenue targets globally, working cross-functionally with sales leadership, and execs across the company for input & buy-in
- Strategize and execute on activations that bring our brand, products, and services to life pre, during, and post events
- Work with the Content, Comms, Creative, and Customer Marketing teams to build amazing event/webinar content, agendas, invites, and creative campaigns and activations that inspire attendees to fall in love with Mixpanel
- Evaluate and report on the event team’s success, lessons learned, and areas to improve, continually refining event metrics and reporting in service of delivering efficient pipeline & brand awareness (metrics include ROI, attendee feedback, lead & $ pipe generation, deals influenced/accelerated, bookings attainment, etc.)
- Share best practices and scale event/webinar assets and experiences globally so regional teams can easily and effectively customize and leverage your team’s vision
- Proactively understand the right and relevant North America and industry moments we should take part in. Lead these activations and campaigns with your team to drum up awareness and demand amongst our target buyers and users
- Lead the team in experimenting with relevant experiential marketing programs and activations (focused specifically on the product and growth team persona)
- Build robust and ongoing learning feedback loops with cross-functional teams to continually measure event effectiveness (quantitative and qualitative)
- Procure and manage vendors for all related event logistics including A/V, catering, transportation, and other support services, as needed
- Develop processes to deliver high quality programming and consistent experiences for attendees, before, during and after events
- Own the event department budget and reporting to ensure that all campaigns are data-informed and deliver strong ROI
- Lead the events team to drive efficient, high quality events from start to finish (from targeting to RSVPs to attendee activation and lead capture to lead follow up and nurturing)
- 7+ years of marketing strategy, demand generation, growth, or tech event experience, working on complex large-scale events in a project/program lead capacity with multiple, opinionated cross-functional stakeholders, partners, agencies and vendors
- Demonstrated P&L responsibility and experience managing budgets for large scale programs with accountability for pipeline and revenue goals
- Direct experience concepting and developing programming to drive leads at industry, trade show, partner, and branded company events
- Prior team management experience - you dig in and help your team deliver results on tight timelines by creating a trusting, fail-fast, always learning, positive, and empathetic culture
- Strong stakeholder collaboration skills - people love working with you and you influence gracefully without authority
- Enjoys working under pressure, while managing several programs and initiatives simultaneously
- Loves to bring new ideas to the table and test/experiment with new formats/tactics to continually improve
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, especially with the sales and exec team
- Great at project managing complex programs and delivering results within an ever-evolving environment
- Loves to roll up your sleeves and build out programs while also bringing strategic insights and frameworks to your team’s overall event strategy and portfolio
Bonus skills & attributes:
- Experience creating and evolving experiences for your company and products that stands out from the competition
- Has tested and learned what it takes to scale a best-in-class events engine across the entire lifecycle from invites to on-the-ground logistics to lead nurturing and follow-up
- Familiar with event and webinar technology stacks and/or can learn quickly (we use Splash, On24, Salesforce, Marketo, and Mixpanel)
- Background in B2B SaaS
- Be Open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose
- Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success
- Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business
- Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives
- One Team: We can’t win without each other
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the product analytics space, Mixpanel has raised $77M from world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design, and customer service.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.