At Mixpanel, our mission is to increase the rate of innovation. Not only as a company, but for the businesses we serve. Through our analytics platform, companies can analyze how and why their users engage, convert, and retain in real time across web, mobile, and smart devices. Then they can use that data to improve their business and products.
Mixpanel serves over 26,000 companies from different industries around the world, including Samsung, Twitter, and BMW. Headquartered in San Francisco, Mixpanel has offices in New York, Seattle, London, Barcelona, and Singapore.
About the role:
We’re looking for a data-driven problem solver who is equal parts data-detective, statistician, builder, and sprinter to join our Growth team.
As Revenue Manager, Growth, you will partner closely with Mixpanel’s Growth, Sales, Engineering, and Product teams to build and execute strategies to route leads and customers through their optimal revenue paths. You will create and use modeled expected revenue calculations to inform and drive a testing agenda around revenue optimization. You are aware that Mixpanel generates revenue through two avenues - online product sign-ups and a human-driven sales flow - and you’ll obsess about how to structure the prospect journey to drive the most revenue at the lowest cost and the highest customer satisfaction. Your ultimate goal is to help Mixpanel maximize the value of its traffic and customer base through automated routing and interaction.
You will dig through Mixpanel’s marketing and customer data to generate insights around the expected value of different paths and hypotheses around opportunities. With the Growth team’s experimentation program, you will drive an agenda to test different prospect and customer paths. You work with precision and generate accurate insights, but you will do it with a sense of urgency and take enjoyment in executing action and driving business outcomes.
You are bright, curious, quantitative, and love using data to inform action and drive value. You have confidence in your analytical abilities, but ask questions to ensure you understand data and aren’t operating with incorrect assumptions. Communicating learnings and recommendations simply when concepts are complex is a strength of yours. You have the hard skills necessary to pull and synthesize recommendations from data, but you understand that businesses only grow when decisions are made and action takes place. You love rolling up your sleeves and don’t get discouraged when the world isn’t perfect or easy - you get a thrill from the opportunity to build something new and you love optimizing existing process.
Reporting to the Director of Growth and sitting on the Growth team.
We’re looking for someone to:
- Build / partner with Growth Analyst to model and refine
- Expected LTV of leads based on path and lead data attributes
- Propensity of existing customers to upsell
- Likelihood to churn
- Create bottoms-up forecasting around our online/self-serve business
- Set up strategy around lead routing in order to maximize revenue and minimize operational costs/cost of sale, including any helpful tooling to help other team members make revenue-optimal decisions.
- Create new initiatives that iteratively improve key metrics like overall ARR growth, churn, and bookings from Online
- Initial focus is on taking leads that hit our website and route to AE or Online (or Partner or Support) based on needs and expected LTV. Productionalize and automate process.
- Inform and drive testing agenda around revenue improvements through improved lead routing and management - this includes working with internal partners to design, test, and implement new flows and tactics.
- Build and use analytics to inform and drive new deal size & upsell opportunities.
- Onboard new customers in a digital and automated fashion to increase product adoption & stickiness. Over time, support churn management strategy.
- Manage and scale revenue performance over time, keeping a consistent eye on predicted vs actuals
- Lead a symbiotic, one-team partnership with Marketing Ops, CRO + CLM, Analyst, Sales, Engineering, and Product - this is a team effort, with this role captaining a specific focus on driving revenue and reducing cost of sale in the above areas
- Bachelors degree or the equivalent in Economics, Mathematics, Physics, Business, Computer Science, or another technical degree
- Strong understanding of basic statistics
- Track record of using analytics to deliver results - with speed
- You operate with a sense of urgency and hustle
- Proficient in SQL and an ability to parse and pull insights in Excel, Google Sheets, etc. Familiarity working with data from relational databases
- Eagerness to roll up your sleeves and solve complex problems. You’re not discouraged when you’re not handed a clean data set and you need to clean a dataset or build process yourself
Bonus skills & attributes:
- Masters degree in a quantitative field
- Knowledge of the analytics space and the key partners/players
- Prior experience within a B2B SaaS company
- R and/or Python proficiency is a plus
Be open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose
Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success
Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business
Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives
One Team: We can’t win without each other
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the product analytics space, Mixpanel has raised $77M from world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design, and customer service.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.