At Mixpanel, our mission is to increase the rate of innovation. Not only as a company, but for the businesses we serve. Through our analytics platform, companies can analyze how and why their users engage, convert, and retain in real time across web, mobile, and smart devices. Then they can use that data to improve their business and products.
Mixpanel serves over 26,000 companies from different industries around the world, including Samsung, Twitter, and BMW. Headquartered in San Francisco, Mixpanel has offices in New York, Seattle, London, Barcelona, and Singapore.
About the role:
We’re looking for a data-driven Customer Lifecycle Marketer who is equal parts email expert, creative mastermind, detail oriented project executor, and test-and-learn scientist to join our Growth team.
As our Customer Lifecycle Marketer, you will partner closely with Mixpanel’s Growth, Sales, and Product teams to write, set up, monitor, and optimize automated communication sequences for new customer acquisition and existing customer engagement/upsell. Your specific immediate focus is to build and optimize new email nurture sequences for leads and your ultimate goal is to help Mixpanel drive more company & customer value with more and more refined communication tactics across leads, new customers, and existing customers. You will map and understand the customer journey from end-to-end, borrow content from across mixpanel, and work tirelessly to nudge prospects and customers to value moments. From initial acquisition, to upsell, to churn management, you will be thinking about and implementing the most effective ways to convert customers and increase product stickiness.
You will craft prospect and customer emails; set up and monitor Mixpanel email nurture paths; implement an iterative test-and-learn optimization program; and work tirelessly to drive large improvements in acquisition and upsell efficiency. You work with a sense of urgency, you use data to inform improvements to the business, and you roll up your sleeves to make things happen. You’re familiar with email marketing and other forms of digital communication, have set up your own communication sequences in the past, and know which aspects of communication drive the most value. You put yourself in the head of the prospect/buyer/customer and you effectively use that mentality to inform your testing agenda. You increasingly incorporate segmentation to refine targeting and boost the efficiency of campaigns. You partner with our Sales & Product teams to build content, support testing, and share best practices. You love building where there isn’t already established process, but are also excited about optimizing within an existing process.
Sitting on the Growth team.
We’re looking for someone to:
- Copywrite, set up, expand, and improve Mixpanel’s email nurture sequences with a focus on driving acquisition and upsell
- Map and understand the customer journey from end-to-end, borrow content from across Mixpanel, and work tirelessly to nudge prospects and customers to value moments
- Work with Growth Analyst to build, maintain, and socialize dashboarding reflecting the deliverability and effectiveness of prospect and customer communication sequences
- Implement aggressive test-and-learn program to improve effectiveness of KPIs and incorporate into Growth’s Experimentation Program
- Measure and report performance of all communication sequences and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs)
- Integrate lead & customer segmentation into core communication sequences, improving campaign effectiveness with increasingly personalized and relevant messaging
- Use information generated from email sequences to adjust and optimize future communications
- Conduct thorough analyses, identify trends and insights, and recommend sequence optimizations based on relevant data
- Set up and deploy one-off strategic campaign communications efforts, monitoring results, and looping learnings into future campaigns
- While initial focus will be on new customer acquisition, your role will expand over time to include supporting Sales and Product communication around account rep sequences, product upsell, and churn management
- Over time, set up and improve new digital communication tactics and strategies to drive more value within leads and customers
- Bachelors degree
- Proficient in at least one email messaging platform, with an ability and appetite to learn any new platforms used by Mixpanel
- Track record of delivering high quality results within email programs with speed
- Strong understanding of standard test-and-learn experimentation process
- You operate with a sense of urgency and hustle
- Familiar with using Excel, Google Sheets, etc. to analyze and summarize performance and learnings
- Eagerness to roll up your sleeves and get to work, whether that means setting up a new. communication sequence or refining and optimizing existing process. You’re comfortable being the one to set up the emails
Bonus skills & attributes:
- Proficiency in Marketo and Outreach
- Prior experience within a B2B SaaS company
Be open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose
Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success
Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business
Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives
One Team: We can’t win without each other
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the product analytics space, Mixpanel has raised $77M from world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design, and customer service.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.