At Mixpanel, our mission is to increase the rate of innovation. Not only as a company but for the businesses we serve. Through our analytics platform, companies can analyze how and why their users engage, convert, and retain in real-time across the web, mobile, and smart devices. Then they can use that data to improve their business and products.
Mixpanel serves over 26,000 companies from different industries around the world, including Samsung, Twitter, and BMW. Headquartered in San Francisco, Mixpanel has offices in New York, Seattle, Austin, London, Barcelona, Paris, Amsterdam, and Singapore.
About the Role
We are looking for an analytically minded, ambitious professional to lead our Strategy and Operations team. Strategy and Operations works cross-functionally across all teams at Mixpanel to drive and enable the growth of the business. We lead mission-critical, cross-functional efforts, deliver objective analysis and insights, and execute on the highest priority strategic initiatives.
As our Strategy and Operations Lead, you will have the opportunity to build a new team and define a new critical function for Mixpanel. You will tackle a range of strategic topics, from defining new customer segmentation, designing new business processes, and identifying new market opportunities for Mixpanel. You will not only create market winning strategies but help drive them to success. You will use a mix of business acumen, financial modeling and statistical insight to identify areas for growth, conduct qualitative and quantitative research and analysis, develop recommendations, and assist in the execution. You will have deep exposure to the CEO and other senior stakeholders at Mixpanel.
- Act as a player-coach and lead a new team of Strategy and Operations Analysts
- Be accountable for mission-critical strategic initiatives to improve Mixpanel’s performance
- Coordinate with functional leaders to scope projects, gather data and provide progress updates
- Coach analysts and deliver on rigorous analysis to solve problems and drive to an answer
- Define metrics and perform ongoing measurement to measure success of specific initiatives
- Drive implementation and be accountable for the success of strategic initiatives
- Translate findings into actionable recommendations with short term and long term goals
- Present findings to senior leaders on a regular cadence, gaining alignment on critical decisions
We're looking for someone who:
- 4+ years of previous work experience in similar leadership roles (consulting, business operations, private equity, etc.)
- Strong analytical, conceptual and problem-solving abilities
- Quick learner with the ability to solve problems independently or with little guidance
- Willing to work in a results-oriented team environment that values personal growth
- Passionate about decision-making supported by data
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Motivation, drive and a self-starting attitude
- Familiarity with manipulating data from various systems and multiple methods of research
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity or quick study with SQL, Mixpanel and other systems of record
- Be Open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose
- Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success
- Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business
- Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives
- One Team: We can’t win without each other
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the product analytics space, Mixpanel has raised $77M from world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design,and customer service.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.