At Mixpanel, our mission is to increase the rate of innovation. Not only as a company but for the businesses we serve. Through our analytics platform, companies can analyze how and why their users engage, convert, and retain in real-time across the web, mobile, and smart devices. Then they can use that data to improve their business and products.
Mixpanel serves over 26,000 companies from different industries around the world, including Samsung, Twitter, and BMW. Headquartered in San Francisco, Mixpanel has offices in New York, Seattle, Austin, London, Barcelona, Paris, Amsterdam, and Singapore.
About the role:
This person manages the billing team and US-GAAP revenue compliance for the company. You will be responsible for streamlining and enforcing policies, procedures and metrics for the order-to-cash processes in a fast-paced environment. You will oversee all customer provisioning, accurate and timely delivery of invoices to our clients and the cash collection process. You will work closely with the other finance leaders and serve as a business partner to the other parts of the company, primarily Sales.
- Manage a 6 person billing and collections team and work in tandem with Accounting Manager and GL accounting team in Barcelona
- Oversee daily operations of the billing function, including troubleshooting billing errors and investigating root causes for complex issues along with reviewing and approving customer orders, credit memos, adjustments and refund requests
- Prepare and review month-end revenue arrangements/journal entries and related analysis as they relate to Revenue, A/R, and Payroll
- Assist in the preparation and review of financial statements and variance analysis including monthly trends, budget vs. actual
- Support the requirements of the annual audit through preparation of schedules and other support to external auditors
- Develop, maintain and ensure policy, procedures and internal controls are updated in accordance to US GAAP
- Partner with other teams to help drive the Company’s continued growth.
We’re looking for someone who:
Mixpanel is seeking an experienced, self-motivated and hands-on Accounting & Revenue Manager who has expertise in financial reporting, accounting and billing processes. Someone who can proactively identify process inefficiencies and develop and implement process improvements in accordance to the size and stage of the company. Someone who can juggle the day to day of the billing team while also working on ad hoc projects and meet deadlines under pressure. Someone who has experience managing and motivating a team across multiple locations and working cross functionality to achieve goals.
- Bachelors’ degree in Accounting
- 5+ years of proven leadership skills/management experience
- 5+ years of revenue recognition experience and GAAP compliance
Bonus points if you have:
- Industry experience in SaaS, Cloud, Software or other tech verticals
- CPA license
- Knowledge of ASC 606 application and operationalizing
- Project management certification (Six Sigma or similar)
- Be Open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose.
- Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success.
- Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business.
- Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives.
- One Team: We can’t win without each other.
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the product analytics space, Mixpanel has raised $77M from world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design,and customer service.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.