At Mixpanel, our mission is to increase the rate of innovation. Not only as a company but for the businesses we serve. Through our analytics platform, companies can analyze how and why their users engage, convert, and retain in real-time across web, mobile, and smart devices. Then they can use that data to improve their business and products.
Mixpanel serves over 26,000 companies from different industries around the world, including Samsung, Twitter, and BMW. Headquartered in San Francisco, Mixpanel has offices in New York, Seattle, Austin, London, Barcelona, Paris, Amsterdam, and Singapore.
We are looking for a Billing Analyst to join the Finance team of our rapidly growing organization!
About the role:
- Review customer contracts for billing and payment information and create corresponding Sales Orders and Invoices in NetSuite
- Create Events and People plans as specified in customer contract and assign to customer account in Django
- Review customer accounts in Django on a monthly basis and create overage invoices if appropriate
- Respond to customer inquiries related to invoices and payments
- Work with Customer Support team for customer billing related questions
- Perform customer account reconciliations as necessary
- Set up and maintain customer records in NetSuite
- Work with AEs, CSMs, Legal, and other teams for contract, billing, and payment related questions
- Generate credit memos, account adjustments, and refunds after ensuring proper approvals have been obtained
- Generate journal entries
- Participate in the monthly closing process for assigned areas of responsibility
- Assist with the development, introduction, and maintenance of policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
We're looking for someone who:
- Bachelor's (or equivalent degree) in Accounting (or related field)
- 5+ years’ experience with Billing and Accounts Receivable (high-tech, Cloud, or SaaS experience desirable)
- Solid computer skills required, including MS Excel
- Strong internal customer service focus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to take initiative, work flexibly and with a sense of urgency, and set priorities with minimal direct supervision
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to drive process improvements and understand process flows, problem-solve, and produce results
- Be open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose.
- Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success.
- Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business.
- Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives.
- One Team: We can’t win without each other.
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the product analytics space, Mixpanel has raised $77M from world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design, and customer service.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.