At Mixpanel, our mission is to increase the rate of innovation. Not only as a company, but for the businesses we serve. Through our analytics platform, companies can analyze how and why their users engage, convert, and retain in real time across web, mobile, and smart devices. Then they can use that data to improve their business and products.
With almost 20,000 customers worldwide and 14% of the Fortune 500, Mixpanel has earned a reputation for creating a delightful customer experience and an innovative approach to analytics. Headquartered in San Francisco, Mixpanel has offices in New York, Seattle, Salt Lake City, London, Paris, Barcelona, and Singapore.
Mixpanel Support isn’t your typical support organization. We see it as an engine of growth— every time a customer writes in to Support, it's our job to cultivate meaningful relationships and ensure customers trust and understand our product and their data. We’ve built a diverse team of people that are focused on giving our customers as well as our colleagues the best Mixpanel experience possible.
About the role:
The core responsibility of a Support Engineer is to support our customers at every turn in the Mixpanel journey by providing answers to product questions, sharing best practices and debugging technical issues. Additionally, you will develop your technical skills, collaborate with our Product team to launch new features, develop product trainings and mentor new team members. We’ve had team members focus on developing their technical skills to join the product and engineering teams, hone their customer facing skills to become customer success managers as well as take on leadership roles in Support.
- Become a Mixpanel product expert! Our support team is on the front lines developing best practices and offering consultative advice. You will help customers understand our reports and features, improve their implementation, and support them through their technical roadblocks
- Respond to customer inquiries, primarily via Zendesk email or online chat
- Contribute to growing support channels like online community forums and help center documentation
- Collaborate with other Support Engineers to investigate and resolve customer issues
- Identify, document, and report bugs and customer feature requests to share with our Product and Engineering teams
- Act as a customer advocate by providing continuous feedback regarding internal support processes, product improvements and customer education
- Help customers import, update and export data via our APIs
We’re looking for someone who has:
- An intrinsic drive to help customers, along with the patience and empathy to understand their issues and provide solutions tailored to their needs
- A knack for explaining complex concepts to a diverse audience — our customers are all over the world, in a variety of industries, with varying roles and backgrounds
- Strong problem solving skills, critical thinking skills, and the ability to interpret data
- Ability to ask the right questions, think on your feet, and be resourceful when faced with new challenges
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience providing consultative services and the ability to ask our customers the right business questions and utilize their data to realize their goals
- Programming experience and an understanding of interacting with APIs
- Experience developing documentation for an internal knowledge base or public facing documentation like our Help Center
- Experience with Mixpanel or other analytics platforms
- Be open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose.
- Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success.
- Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business.
- Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives.
- One Team: We can’t win without each other.
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the analytics space, Mixpanel received funding by world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design, and customer service. Mixpanel has a rapidly growing team of 250+ in our offices in San Francisco, New York, Seattle, Salt Lake City, and London.