At Mixpanel, our mission is to increase the rate of innovation. Not only as a company but for the businesses we serve. Through our analytics platform, companies can analyze how and why their users engage, convert, and retain in real-time across web, mobile, and smart devices. Then they can use that data to improve their business and products.
Mixpanel serves over 26,000 companies from different industries around the world, including Twitter, Expedia, and Ancestry. Headquartered in San Francisco, Mixpanel has offices in New York, Seattle, Austin, London, Barcelona, and Singapore.
About The Role
Mixpanel Support isn’t your typical support organization. We see it as an engine of growth— every time a customer writes in to Support, it's our job to cultivate meaningful relationships and ensure customers trust and understand our product and their data. We’ve built a diverse team of people that gives our customers and our colleagues the best Mixpanel experience possible.
The core responsibility of a Support Engineer is to support our customers at every turn in the Mixpanel journey by providing answers to product questions, sharing best practices and debugging technical issues. Additionally, you will develop your technical skills, collaborate with our Product team to launch new features, develop product trainings and mentor new team members. We’ve had team members focus on developing their technical skills to join the product and engineering teams, hone their customer-facing skills to become customer success managers and take on leadership roles in Support.
- Become a Mixpanel product expert! Our support team is developing best practices and offering consultative advice. You will help customers understand our reports and features, improve their implementation, and support them through their technical roadblocks
- Respond to customer inquiries through Zendesk, email, or online chat
- Help grow support channels like online community forums and help center documentation
- Collaborate with other Support Engineers to investigate and resolve customer issues
- Identify, document, and report bugs and customer feature requests to share with our Product and Engineering teams
- Be a customer advocate by providing continuous feedback regarding internal support processes, product improvements and customer education
- Help customers import, update and export data through our APIs
- An intrinsic desire to help customers, along with the patience and empathy to understand their issues and provide solutions tailored to their needs
- Experience explaining complex concepts to a diverse audience — our customers are all over the world, in multiple industries, with varying roles and backgrounds
- Strong problem solving skills, critical thinking skills, and the ability to interpret data
- Ask the right questions, think on your feet, and be resourceful when faced with new challenges
- Experience providing consultative services and the ability to ask our customers the right business questions and use their data to accomplish their goals
- Programming experience and an understanding of working with APIs
- Experience developing documentation for an internal knowledge base or public facing documentation like our Help Center
- Experience with Mixpanel or other analytics platforms
- Be Open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose
- Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success
- Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business
- Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives
- One Team: We can’t win without each other
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the product analytics space, Mixpanel has raised $77M from world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design, and customer service.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.