Mixpanel is helping the world learn from its data by translating user behavior into actionable knowledge. As the leading user analytics platform, Mixpanel tracks interactions to surface information that provides valuable insights which enable businesses to make smarter decisions, break down knowledge silos and drive data-informed innovation. Mixpanel is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Seattle, Salt Lake City, London, and Singapore to serve their 26,000+ customers including 30% of the Fortune 100.
About the role:
Mixpanel’s Customer Success Managers (CSMs) own product adoption and value delivery across Mixpanel’s most strategic accounts. CSMs are data-obsessed and passionate about enabling customers to increase their rate of innovation. CSMs are responsible for getting customers in their portfolio access to the data they need to drive informed decision-making. CSMs will partner closely with Relationship Managers and Solutions Architects to guide our customers to success and ensure they achieve a significant return on their Mixpanel investment.
We are building our San Francisco team and are looking for a driven individual who can provide hands-on consultation to a portfolio of high-value customers.
We’re looking for someone with:
- 5+ years of customer-facing experience at a software company, digital agency, or management consultancy
- A knack for mastering technical products
- Love of data and a deep understanding of how it informs decision-making and can transform a product or business
- Ability to coach customers on aligning their business objectives with concrete KPIs
- A methodical mind; the ability to break a complex issue into actionable milestones
- Ability to read a room, tailor a discussion accordingly, and engage an audience of customers across all levels
- Knowledge of the analytics industry and common platforms used
- Influence with internal and external stakeholders to drive initiatives forward, even when blocked
- Ability to consume large quantities of information and synthesize takeaways, focusing on impact and priority
- High level of discipline; a self-starter who holds herself/himself accountable to exceed expectations
- A proven track-record of collaboratively working with cross-functional teams to drive results.
- A passion for delivering the highest level of service and driving value for a portfolio of customers
- Natural curiosity; the desire to always be learning
- Communicates effectively and succinctly with savvy business acumen
- Comfort in navigating ambiguity within a range of diverse customer organizations
- Ability to manage multiple projects across a portfolio of customers without being frazzled
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in quantitative, technical, scientific or education related fields
- Develop a thorough understanding of customers’ businesses and their core objectives, and partner with them to define supporting KPIs
- Host analytics workshops, strategic brainstorms, and product trainings (both remote and onsite) to ensure end users can independently navigate and use Mixpanel (up to 25% travel may be required)
- Define and facilitate account engagement strategies paired with customized curriculum that ultimately drive Mixpanel adoption and satisfaction
- Maintain a deep understanding of Mixpanel functionality, technology partners, and competitive products
- Stay informed on Mixpanel use cases and industry thought leadership and leverage it to guide customer consulting
- Train customers how to adopt a data-informed, iterative product development approach using Mixpanel to drive business KPIs
- Keep customers informed of new product releases, relevant betas, and upcoming features
- Collect and consolidate customer product feedback and champion the needs of your portfolio with Mixpanel’s Engineering and Product organizations
- Balance the best interest of your customers with Mixpanel’s
- Identify room for integration optimization; build a plan detailing required steps and resources and manage internal and external stakeholders towards achievement
- Partner with Professional Services to coordinate implementation and advanced technical services
- Monitor customer activity and sentiment to identify signs of risk and proactively work with the Relationship Manager to build a mitigation plan
- Support Relationship Managers by flagging growth opportunities within existing accounts
- Build trusted relationships with end users; develop a Mixpanel advocate in every end user
- Be Open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose.
- Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success.
- Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business.
- Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives.
- One Team: We can’t win without each other.
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the user analytics space, Mixpanel raised $77M from world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design,and customer service. Mixpanel has a rapidly growing team of 250+ in our offices in San Francisco, New York, Seattle, Salt Lake City, London, and Singapore.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.