At Mixpanel, our mission is to increase the rate of innovation. Not only as a company, but for the businesses we serve. Through our analytics platform, companies can analyze how and why their users engage, convert, and retain in real time across web, mobile, and smart devices. Then they can use that data to improve their business and products.
Mixpanel serves over 26,000 companies from different industries around the world, including Samsung, Twitter, and BMW. Headquartered in San Francisco, Mixpanel has offices in New York, Seattle, Austin, London, Barcelona, Paris, Amsterdam and Singapore.
About the role:
As a Collection Analyst you'll be responsible for managing the collection all the outstanding invoices and resolving customer billing problems. You'll act as the liaison between creditors and customers and manage overdue accounts. You’ll drive timely and accurate recording of customer payments to help maximize cash inflows. This position requires attention to detail, a strong regard for improving processes, and strong communication skills.
- Download wires/ACH payments from the bank and apply payments to open invoices in our accounting system (NetSuite) and homegrown billing system
- Reconcile daily cash deposits entered in NetSuite to underlying banking details
- Monitoring accounts to identify overdue payments and take appropriate action to encourage timely payment with customer and/or sales rep to receive payment
- Review customer questions about payments, purchase order requirements, credit card issues/disputes, etc. in Zendesk
- Respond to internal and external inquiries related to invoice and payments, working cross-functionally with Customer Success, Sales, Legal and other teams
- Maintain accurate credit files and collection files. Maintain electronic collection notes for each customer account.
- Perform customer account reconciliations for past due accounts and obtain approvals internal approvals to send to collection agency
- Maintain workflows in Yaypay (AR automation tool)
- Participate in the monthly closing process for assigned areas of responsibility
- Assist with the development, introduction, and maintenance of policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 2+ years experience with Billing and Accounts Receivable
- Solid computer skills required, including Microsoft Excel and NetSuite
- Internal and external customer service focus
- Ability to take initiative, work flexibly and with a sense of urgency, and set priorities with minimal direct supervision
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
Bonus points if you have:
Industry experience in SaaS, Cloud, Software or High-tech
- Be Open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose.
- Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success.
- Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business.
- Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives.
- One Team: We can’t win without each other.
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the product analytics space, Mixpanel has raised $77M from world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design,and customer service.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.