Mixpanel unlocks the ability for users to analyze and visualize trends in their user behavior and revenue data with ease. Through Mixpanel’s powerful yet user-friendly analytics platform, companies are able to gather insights to learn why things are happening, experiment with new experiences and messages, and continually iterate for growth, across any platform, ultimately helping them understand why users engage, retain, and convert.
With Mixpanel’s award-winning service, unmatched reliability and performance, and intelligent data science algorithms, over 26,000 companies, including Twitter, Time Inc., and Samsung, trust Mixpanel to help them identify opportunities to grow their business.
Mixpanel is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Seattle, London, Barcelona and Singapore.
About the role
We are seeking a smart, motivated, self-starter to join Mixpanel’s legal team. Our ideal candidate is a business-minded lawyer who is focused on execution, prepared to lead on important company deals and is comfortable with the unknown to make thoughtful, creative decisions on cutting-edge legal issues. You will utilize your legal and business acumen to help Mixpanel achieve its business goals and grow into a leader for the legal team.
We're looking for someone who:
• Primary responsibility to negotiate technology-related commercial agreements (license agreements, NDAs, vendor contracts and partnership agreements) and maintain commercial templates that comply with company policies and local law.
• Provide legal and strategic leadership to support cross-functional projects across internal functions, including sales, customer success, sales operations, finance, and marketing activities.
• Develop understanding of Mixpanel technology and build relationships with business teams in the USA, EMEA and APAC.
• If there is interest by the candidate, ability to support legal projects in different functions, such as corporate compliance and privacy.
• Positive, friendly and collaborative attitude while maintaining the highest standards of business and professional conduct.
• Strong work ethic and project management skills with ability to respond to requests quickly and with excellent attention to detail.
• Clear communicator with ability to distill complex issues in a simple manner in both writing and orally.
• Ability to learn Mixpanel’s technology and anticipate legal issues that could arise in various settings, with a record of partnering with the business in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
• Strong social skills required to become a trusted advisor for the legal team, our internal clients and external customers and their negotiators/counsel. • Qualification to practice law in the USA.
• 5+ years of legal experience, from a leading global law firm or in-house experience at a major multinational corporation.
• Experience with legal agreements with governing law in foreign jurisdictions. Bonus points if you: • Experience in data privacy and governance.
• Experience with complex Software-as-a-Service contracts or partnership agreements.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.