At Mixpanel, our mission is to increase the rate of innovation. Not only as a company, but for the businesses we serve. Through our analytics platform, companies can analyze how and why their users engage, convert, and retain in real time across web, mobile, and smart devices. Then they can use that data to improve their business and products.
Mixpanel serves over 26,000 companies from different industries around the world, including Samsung, Twitter, and BMW. Headquartered in San Francisco, Mixpanel has offices in New York, Seattle, Salt Lake City, London, Barcelona, and Singapore.
About the role:
The goal of a Mixpanel Inbound Business Development Representative (IBDR) is to assist in achieving corporate revenue objectives by providing world class customer service and sales support. As an IBDR you will be part of a dynamic team that will be performing a dual sales support role.
- Act as a key player in processing and responding to all inbound leads and conduct information gathering to pre-qualify results through phone, email & social media efforts.
- Identify, clean, qualify & route Leads to the corresponding Sales team member
- Follow-up on the substantial volume of leads generated from web visits, signups and other sources
- Ability to partner & work closely with designated SMB Account Executives on territory penetration
- Contribute to achieving company revenue targets by conducting solution-oriented sales conversations with prospective customers
- Qualify Contacts’ interest based on qualification criteria with the goal of scheduling Appointments with Key Contacts and seek out new opportunities & pipeline
- Highly proficient in Mixpanel high-level messaging, including industry-specific focus
- Understand Customers’ needs & effectively communicate how Mixpanel will meet them
- Ability to position Mixpanel differentiation and our sales engagement model
- Document all activity including use cases, timeframes, next steps in CRM
- Use and maintain the Salesforce.com system according to Mixpanel standards and provide metrics on leads and subsequent opportunities
- Proficiency with Salesforce.com, LinkedIn and other prospecting tools a plus
We’re looking for someone who:
- Documented success in a team environment turning unqualified leads into pipeline/revenue preferred.
- Excellent verbal, phone and written communication skills required
- One year software sales and/or customer service experience preferred
- Ability to work well in a fast paced & growing team environment
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage time and resources effectively
- Self-directed, a quick study and an enthusiastic team player
- Prior experience with CRM systems a plus
- Strong computer and application skills
- 4-year college degree
- Be Open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose.
- Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success.
- Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business.
- Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives.
- One Team: We can’t win without each other.
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the product analytics space, Mixpanel has raised $77M from world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design,and customer service.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.