At Mixpanel, our mission is to increase the rate of innovation. Not only as a company, but for the businesses we serve. Through our analytics platform, companies can analyze how and why their users engage, convert, and retain in real time across web, mobile, and smart devices. Then they can use that data to improve their business and products.
Mixpanel serves over 26,000 companies from different industries around the world, including Samsung, Twitter, and BMW. Headquartered in San Francisco, Mixpanel has offices in New York, Seattle, London, Barcelona, and Singapore.
About the role:
We’re looking for a data-driven problem solver who is equal parts data-detective, statistician, builder, and sprinter to join our Growth team.
As a Growth Analyst, you will partner closely with Mixpanel’s Growth, Sales, Engineering, and Product teams to build visibility and generate analytical insights around our channel KPIs, funnel efficiency, conversion rate testing, lifecycle management, and LTVs. Your ultimate goal is to help Mixpanel’s Marketing org team drive, iterate, and optimize lead acquisition.
You will dig through Mixpanel’s marketing and customer data to generate insights. When visibility isn’t available, you’ll build it. You work with precision and generate accurate insights, but you will do it with a sense of urgency and take enjoyment in driving business outcomes - not just analysis for the sake of analysis.
You are bright, curious, quantitative, and love generating insight from large sets of data. You have confidence in your analytical abilities, but ask questions to ensure you understand data and aren’t operating with incorrect assumptions. Communicating learnings and recommendations simply when concepts are complex is a strength of yours. You have the hard skills necessary to pull and synthesize recommendations from data, but you understand that businesses only grow when decisions are made and action takes place. You love rolling up your sleeves and don’t get discouraged when the world isn’t perfect or easy - you get a thrill from the opportunity to fix something broken or build something new.
Reporting to the Director of Growth and sitting on the Growth team.
We’re looking for someone to:
- Build, maintain, and monitor KPI dashboarding on channel and overall Growth & Events team performance
- Measure and report performance of all campaigns and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs)
- Conduct thorough analyses, identify trends and insights, and recommend channel optimizations based on relevant data
- Monitor, analyze, and inform testing agenda for Mixpanel’s conversion rate optimization program
- Evaluate current processes and determine course corrections or alternative methods to improve efficiency
- Monitor data streams and track down issues that could inhibit validity
- Develop lead segmentation using LTV model, attribution modelling, and other relevant analysis that will refine ongoing growth strategy
- Evaluate and analyze funnel progression from lead to pipeline $s and advise on performance and attribution modeling.
- Bachelors degree or the equivalent in Economics, Mathematics, Physics, Business, Computer Science, or another technical degree.
- Strong understanding of basic statistics.
- Track record of delivering high quality analysis with speed.
- You operate with a sense of urgency and hustle.
- Proficient in SQL and an ability to parse and pull insights in Excel, Google Sheets, etc. Familiarity working with data from relational databases
- Eagerness to roll up your sleeves and solve complex problems. You’re not discouraged when you’re not handed a clean data set and you need to clean a dataset or build process yourself.
Bonus skills & attributes:
- Knowledge of the analytics space and the key partners/players
- R and/or Python proficiency is a plus.
- Be open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose.
- Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success.
- Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business.
- Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives.
- One Team: We can’t win without each other.
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the product analytics space, Mixpanel has raised $77M from world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design, and customer service.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.