At Mixpanel, our mission is to increase the rate of innovation. Not only as a company, but for the businesses we serve. Through our analytics platform, companies can analyze how and why their users engage, convert, and retain in real time across web, mobile, and smart devices. Then they can use that data to improve their business and products.
We help businesses build better products by delivering tools to enable them to become customer-obsessed and data-informed. Our user analytics product serves over 26,000 customers and 14% of the Fortune 500. We’re on a mission to level the playing field so that every company can have access to the data infrastructure and analysis that only a few leading tech companies have been able to afford to build on their own.
The Growth team serves small and medium sized customers that buy online or start by using our free product. We organize in small, nimble product groups (two to five engineers in close partnership with product management and design) with autonomy over what we build and how we build it. You’ll work closely with product management and design to build and iterate on creative new ways to make Mixpanel intuitive for new users, and help to grow our self-serve business.
About the role (SSG):
First impressions are extremely important and that is even more true in products for which you pay. Making those first experiences shine and helping those customers see the incredible value in Mixpanel analytics is the focus of the Self Serve Growth team. With so much data and so many options for exploration, the new user experience can be overwhelming, the team’s goal is to improve that introduction and ultimately help Mixpanel retain those customers with greater success. The team is currently four engineers working closely with product management and design to test out user experiences, iterate quickly, and use data-driven validation to get to the best solutions for our customers.
Recent projects include:
- MTU Pricing: aligning our pricing with customers’ growth
- Flows: a powerful new way to visualize and explore all the different ways users navigate a product
- Insights 2.0: a host of improvements to our core analysis tool
- Lexicon: features to keep data clean, accurate, and trustworthy
We're looking for someone with:
- Someone who is excited to build intuitive UIs that help make customers’ more productive
- Experience with Python a plus
- Be Open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose
- Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success
- Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business
- Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives
- One Team: We can’t win without each other
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the product analytics space, Mixpanel has raised $77M from world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design, and customer service.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.