At Mixpanel, our mission is to increase the rate of innovation. Not only as a company, but for the businesses we serve. Through our analytics platform, companies can analyze how and why their users engage, convert, and retain in real time across web, mobile, and smart devices. Then they can use that data to improve their business and products.
Mixpanel serves over 26,000 companies from different industries around the world, including Samsung, Twitter, and BMW. Headquartered in San Francisco, Mixpanel has offices in New York, Seattle, London, Barcelona, and Singapore.
About the role:
We’re looking for a customer-focused storyteller who is equal parts positioning wizard, relationship builder, program manager, and tenacious customer advocate.
As the first Senior Customer Marketing Manager you will partner closely with Mixpanel’s Sales and Customer Success teams to understand our customer pipeline, research customer accounts, join customer calls, learn customer use cases, and develop engaging relationships to help convert our customers from users to advocates. Your ultimate goal is to help evangelize our amazing customers, the innovation they’re driving, and the value Mixpanel plays in helping them grow their businesses.
You will work with our 26,000 customers to develop their stories ensuring the output aligns with our messaging and positioning. But you’re no wall flower—you’ll point out where we need to adapt our overall positioning and messaging based on customer proof points and use cases and input that back to Product, Marketing, and the Exec team.
You are an excellent relationship builder (internal and external), master storyteller who finds the magic from customer pain points and product value, and you are a persistent program manager who loves to connect the dots and build initiatives from scratch. You have a demonstrated track record of success and a portfolio of customer stories you’ve crafted and shared into the ether. You know how to scale programs, build out contract/vendor resources, and turn a pipeline of stories into tangible results that’s distributed efficiently into all sales and marketing channels (online and offline).
Reporting to the VP of Marketing, and sitting on the Marketing leadership team, you will craft Mixpanel’s story through the lens of our customers and be a pivotal connector in effectively communicating our brand and value to different audiences across the globe.
We’re looking for someone to:
- Build and manage Mixpanel’s customer reference and case study program, working closely with Sales, Customer Success, and Support/Education teams to nurture existing references and share customer stories broadly
- Serve as primary point of contact for sales reference requests, industry analyst survey respondent requests, customer speaker submissions for events/press, etc.
- Drive customer-focused programming/events/campaigns, including Customer Advisory Boards and Customer of the Month programs
- Analyze customer data to prioritize and focus customer stories by geo, vertical, solution, features, competitive wins to ensure we have a strong reference program that sales can use at any moment
- Track the business impact of Mixpanel for ROI analysis with the Sales team
- Produce creative and compelling content and stories across multiple formats (e.g. video, blog, virtual and in-person events, social, website, presentations) geared towards both business and technical audiences to help everyone learn from our customers’ successes
- Be an expert on our customers around the globe and their unique use cases
- Train sales & other internal teams on use cases and the supporting customer evidence
- Partner with cross-functional teams (Press, Events, Product, Growth & Product Marketing, Creative, Content, Sales, Customer Success) to support our key messages with customer evidence and references
- Work with the Content team to develop a content strategy that maximizes the value from our portfolio of customer stories
- Build a customer advocacy program that turns new customers into advocates
- Experienced. 4+ years experience in Customer Marketing or Product Marketing. Proven track record of developing transformational customer stories and telling those stories through a variety of mediums.
- Storyteller: Exceptional storytelling abilities and passion for teaching others to tell those stories
- Positioning Value: Strategic thinker with the ability to understand complex customer use cases and articulate how a technology solution is delivering customer value. Sound business judgement, problem framing, and positioning/copy experience.
- Collaborative & Influential: Strong collaborator with a team-first attitude, able to work effectively across diverse teams and projects, easily influencing other groups to help on key initiatives
- Relationship Builder: Deep interpersonal skills with the savviness of knowing when to push and when to nurture customers and internal stakeholders to get results
- Results-Orientated: Demonstrated ability to balance and execute multiple projects concurrently with strong project management and organization skills
- Tenacious: Desire and ability to succeed in a demanding, creative, and entrepreneurial environment. Our business is changing and growing fast. Who knows what will be the skills of tomorrow? Flexibility and a learning mindset is key. You don’t let little or big blockers stop you from driving results. You are resourceful and tenacious.
Bonus skills & attributes:
- Experience working with Creative and Production teams in developing customer videos
- Experience training internal teams on how to leverage customer marketing assets in the sales cycle
- Familiarity with Salesforce and customer advocacy technology—knowing the right way to scale programs with tech
- Knowledge of the analytics space and the key partners/players
Be open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose
Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success
Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business
Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives
One Team: We can’t win without each other
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the product analytics space, Mixpanel has raised $77M from world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design, and customer service.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.