At Mixpanel, our mission is to increase the rate of innovation. Not only as a company, but for the businesses we serve. Through our analytics platform, companies can analyze how and why their users engage, convert, and retain in real time across web, mobile, and smart devices. Then they can use that data to improve their business and products.
Mixpanel serves over 26,000 companies from different industries around the world, including Samsung, Twitter, and BMW. Headquartered in San Francisco, Mixpanel has offices in New York, Seattle, Austin, London, Barcelona, Paris, Amsterdam and Singapore.
HR Generalist - Barcelona
Mixpanel helps businesses build better products with the most advanced analytics software for mobile and web. With almost 20,000 customers worldwide and 14% of the Fortune 500, Mixpanel has earned a reputation for crafting a delightful customer experience and a new approach to analytics.
About the role:
Mixpanel’s People Team focuses on attracting, developing, and retaining top talent. We aim to cultivate an environment that keeps Mixpanelers growing, productive, and happy. We’re in search of a qualified and resourceful HR generalist to support our People and Culture team in ensuring smooth and efficient business operations as we scale our EMEA presence. The HR generalist will have both administrative and strategic responsibilities, in addition to being a steward of company culture and values. This position carries out responsibilities in a variety of functional areas and includes daily interaction with Barcelona based employees, and frequent interaction with global People & Culture team members in London and San Francisco. This role offers a great opportunity to support HR projects, aligned to global People goals, and related to local business objectives.
We're looking for someone who will:
- Promote HR programs to create an efficient workplace
- Ensure compliance with labor regulations
- Assist in developing and executing people procedures and policies
- Assist in recruitment processes, administering benefits, compensation, and employee performance programs
- Provide support and coaching to employees and managers in various HR-related topics
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams to assist with on-boarding and deliver an exceptional new hire experience
- Be the primary backup for payroll processing, including updates to employee files, tracking leaves, and benefit changes
- Organize cultural and office team building events
- Provide office management support as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, business, or a related field
- Proven experience as an HR Generalist
- Good knowledge of Spanish employment/labor laws
- Fluent in Spanish and English - bonus points for French or Dutch language skills
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, ethics, and cultural awareness
- Resourceful, problem-solving aptitude and knowledge of HR procedures and policies
- Experience of working for a US employer and liaising with HR teams in London and/or US would be an advantage
- Be Open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose.
- Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success.
- Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business.
- Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives.
- One Team: We can’t win without each other.
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the product analytics space, Mixpanel has raised $77M from world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design,and customer service.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.