At Mixpanel, our mission is to increase the rate of innovation. Not only as a company, but for the businesses we serve. Through our analytics platform, companies can analyze how and why their users engage, convert, and retain in real time across web, mobile, and smart devices. Then they can use that data to improve their business and products.
Mixpanel serves over 26,000 companies from different industries around the world, including Samsung, Twitter, and BMW. Headquartered in San Francisco, Mixpanel has offices in New York, Seattle, Salt Lake City, London, Barcelona, and Singapore.
About the role:
We are looking for an enthusiastic Communications & Social Specialist to help manage our external communications. You will promote a positive public image and help steer the outward reputation of Mixpanel. Our ideal candidate has phenomenal communication and copywriting skills, experience in corporate communications and project management, and is a doer.
The position reports to the Communications & PR Senior Manager and works with Mixpanel’s executive leadership team. You will work closely and collaboratively with the content, product marketing, creative and growth teams, as well as product and support managers.
We’re looking for someone to:
- Own social media channels, content, execution, and reporting. This includes devising ways to drive more social media engagement with our brand and recommending new/innovative ways to use social media channels to full advantage.
- Ability to participate in diverse key marketing projects, manage them through to their execution, and track important metrics and ROI.
- Develop integrated campaigns and multi-platform, engaging content.
- Assist with the planning and outreach for our Growth Influencer Series, a content series of key customer and partner stories and insights.
- Spot emerging topics and create proactive plans with internal stakeholders, including crafting communications as needed.
- Develop a keen understanding of key executives’ style, voice, and communications preferences
- Support our international PR efforts
- BA/BS in a related field, with excellent communication and writing background
- 3+ years of professional marketing experience, ideally in a SaaS environment
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset, able to build plans and execute on them end-to-end
- Strong track record of personal accountability and project management skills, strong work ethic, and proven organizational skills with attention to detail
- A team player able and willing to engage in both strategic and tactical work as needed
- Proficient with all social media platforms and software
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships
- Exceptional organizational skills to project manage across multiple teams and work streams
- Experience in engaging with a large following on social media platforms like Linkedin, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Bonus skills & attributes:
- Strong track record of personal accountability, strong work ethic, integrity, and proven organizational skills with attention to detail
- Scrap factor: You are comfortable at making important, fast decisions based on business objectives
- Demonstrates creative thinking and initiative with a willingness to take risks
- Experience with analysis using market data
Be open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose
Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success
Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business
Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives
One Team: We can’t win without each other
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the product analytics space, Mixpanel has raised $77M from world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design, and customer service.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.