At Mixpanel, our mission is to increase the rate of innovation--not only as a company, but for the businesses we serve. Through our analytics platform, companies can analyze how and why their users engage, convert, and retain in real time across web, mobile, and smart devices. Data-based decisions can then render product improvement and greater business success.
Mixpanel serves over 26,000 companies from diverse industries around the world, including Samsung, Twitter, and BMW. Headquartered in San Francisco, Mixpanel’s offices in New York, Seattle, Lehi, London, Barcelona, and Singapore provide global access and understanding of national and international data analytic needs and solutions.
About the role:
We’re looking for an organized, creative and detailed-oriented Event Manager to join the Events and Experiences Team in a contract role for 6 months.
This role will require working collaboratively with sales leaders, designers, other marketers and leaders at Mixpanel. And you will have a direct impact on our marketing strategy & metrics. You will project plan each event from creation to the measurement of ROI. Each event will be treated as a full demand generation campaign ensuring proactive lead capture and rigorous follow-up processes with the sales team.
You must thrive in a fast paced environment and enjoy the challenge of going above and beyond. You also must be a data-driven marketer who understands the results behind an event.
We’re looking for someone to:
- Project manage a Mixpanel branded event series, 2-4 conferences and short-term field marketing events with room for growth based on capacity.
- Have strong communication skills to ensure optimal collaboration between many teams.
- Create detailed project plans for each event, including weekly recaps with progress updates.
- Negotiate space contracts and book event space, arrange food and beverage, order supplies, equipment and signage, and ensure appropriate décor to meet quality and brand expectations.
- Treat all events as demand generation campaigns, ensuring there is proactive planning for lead capture, import and follow-up by marketing automation systems and sales reps.
- Collaborate with event stakeholders including Sales, Design, Partnerships, Content and Community teams, ensuring that their needs are met and goals are achieved via events.
- Conduct research, site visits, and find new event resources to ensure branding reflects Mixpanel’s focus on innovation.
- Keep track of event budgets and finances including check requests, invoicing, and reporting.
- Document activities prior to and during the events for internal and external communications.
- Serve as liaison with vendors on event-related matters.
- Manage on-site production of events (travel required).
- Run Salesforce reports to track ROI progress for each event.
- Experienced. 3-5 years marketing event management experience in tech.
- Multi-tasker. Able to handle multiple priorities within a deadline-driven environment.
- Self-driven work ethic. Possess an outstanding work ethic, a strong sense of urgency, and the ability to accomplish projects with little supervision.
- Collaborative & influential. Possess a fantastic customer service ethic with high expectations for quality. Outgoing, friendly, and an excellent communicator.
- Thrives under pressure. Performs well under pressure, meets deadlines, and prioritizes well. Thrives in high-volume, fast-paced and feedback driven environments.
- Creative problem solver. Always able to get any task done and has a plan B and C in place before problems occur.
- Willing to work nights and weekends (for events only)
- Willing to travel for events
- Expected to work out of Mixpanel HQ office at least 3 days a week
Bonus skills & attributes:
- Asana / Monday
Be open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose.
Customer Focus: Our customer’s success is our success.
Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business.
Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives.
One Team: We can’t win without each other.
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the product analytics space, Mixpanel has raised $77M from world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team finds creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design, and customer service.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.