At Mixpanel, our mission is to increase the rate of innovation. Not only as a company, but for the businesses we serve. Through our analytics platform, companies can analyze how and why their users engage, convert, and retain in real time across web, mobile, and smart devices. Then they can use that data to improve their business and products.
Mixpanel serves over 26,000 companies from different industries around the world, including Samsung, Twitter, and BMW. Headquartered in San Francisco, Mixpanel has offices in New York, Seattle, Austin, London, Barcelona, Paris, Amsterdam and Singapore.
About the role:
Mixpanel is hiring for a Tech Lead Manager to lead a new team within Product Engineering focused on Machine Learning (ML) and collaboration applications. You’ll partner with our ML backend team to deliver high impact analytics insights to our thousands of customers. You’ll grow a team composed of full-stack web engineers who will own new user experiences on mixpanel.com and new infrastructure that will be part of our ML services ecosystem. The role will consist of about 50% technical leadership / hands-on contribution and 50% team management, with the team management responsibilities expanding as the team grows.
Current and Recent Projects
- Signal - a tool to find user behaviors that correlate with higher engagement and retention.
- Smart mobile alerts - data anomaly detection pushed directly to your phone.
- Our long term goal is to re-imagine how our customers analyze their vast amounts of data. We believe ML can transform this from a tedious, manual process to one that relies on the power of software to serve up insights that are relevant and timely.
- Predictive modeling service that powers our messaging applications.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Experience building a web application with thousands of users.
- Capable leader, mentor, and manager of engineers. There is no requirement for years of experience as a people manager. However, we’d like to see at least some experience in a technical leadership role. (For example: as a tech lead, senior/staff engineer, etc)
- Care for the details that go into building products that customers love.
- No ML experience is required.
About our culture:
- Be Open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose.
- Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success.
- Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business.
- Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives.
- One Team: We can’t win without each other.
Benefits and Perks:
- You will be compensated in the top of the market
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k retirement saving plan
- Daily Lunch & Dinner
- Flexible spending accounts
- Monthly Wellness benefit
- Volunteer time off (40 hours)
- Company wide holiday shutdown
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the analytics space, Mixpanel received funding by world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design, and customer service. Mixpanel has a rapidly growing team of 250+ in our offices in San Francisco, Austin, New York, Seattle, Salt Lake City, and London.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.