At Mixpanel, our mission is to increase the rate of innovation. Not only as a company, but for the businesses we serve. Through our analytics platform, companies can analyze how and why their users engage, convert, and retain in real time across web, mobile, and smart devices. Then they can use that data to improve their business and products.
Mixpanel serves over 26,000 companies from different industries around the world, including Samsung, Twitter, and BMW. Headquartered in San Francisco, Mixpanel has offices in New York, Seattle, Austin, London, Barcelona, Paris, Amsterdam and Singapore.
About the role:
As a Staff Accountant you'll be assisting the finance and accounting department in creating accurate and timely financial statements and records for the Company. You bring passion for accounting, attention to detail and ability to manage your time and handle deadlines.
- Prepares general ledger entries and maintains records and files;
- Reconciles bank accounts and balance sheet accounts monthly;
- Prepares analysis and assists senior accountants and/or managers in research of monthly journal entry and account reconciliation related questions;
- Reviews invoices for accuracy in coding and amounts;
- Performs other job related duties as assigned
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance
- 1 to 2 years relevant work experience
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently in a changing environment
- Demonstrated the highest level of integrity in all situations
- Strong analytical skills and is a self-starter
- Be open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose.
- Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success.
- Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business.
- Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives.
- One Team: We can’t win without each other.
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the product analytics space, Mixpanel has raised $77M from world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design,and customer service.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.