At Mixpanel, our mission is to increase the rate of innovation. Not only as a company, but for the businesses we serve. Through our analytics platform, companies can analyze how and why their users engage, convert, and retain in real time across web, mobile, and smart devices. Then they can use that data to improve their business and products.
Mixpanel serves over 26,000 companies from different industries around the world, including Samsung, Twitter, and BMW. Headquartered in San Francisco, Mixpanel has offices in New York, Seattle, Austin, London, Barcelona, Paris, Amsterdam and Singapore.
What you will do
- Assist the smooth day to day running of the San Francisco office
- Be responsible for the reception area and presenting the first impression of Mixpanel with ‘polish’
- Meet and greet visitors, employees, candidates, and clients and create a hospitable environment in Mixpanel’s corporate headquarters
- Correspond daily with external parties, prospects, partners, and vendors with impeccable communication skills and logistical acrobatics, exhibiting the highest degree of professionalism and courtesy
- Build efficiency and effective responsiveness into existing operations process and procedures
- Help manage company meeting rooms and facilities via booking system and facilitating clashes
- Post (outgoing and in-coming, including couriers)
- Arranging catering for client/internal meetings
- Assist in H&S compliance and implementation of any necessary safety procedures
- First Aid Officer and Fire Warden. Be responsible for evacuation, in cases of emergency, acting as first point of contact for guests and the emergency services
- Provide general administrative support to the team and assist on ad hoc projects as they arise with excitement and energy
- Maintain a confidential filing system of all supplier agreements and any other necessary documentation as appropriate
- Assist with onboarding of new employees
- Act as an advocate and assist in the coordination of Mixpanel’s cultural and office events. Includes after 5 pm hours (overtime applied when applicable)
- Contributes to a positive culture by ensuring continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs
- Forge strong relationships with coworkers across departments
- Be involved and contribute at team meetings
- This role is often a representative of our company culture. High energy and a willingness to help different departments with projects is crucial
What you need to be successful
- Poise and calm amidst last-minute challenges
- Strong work ethic and the determination to take ownership across wide-ranging responsibilities
- The passion and energy to handle complex multitasking with grace and adaptability
- Impeccable attention to detail and the ability to learn quickly
- Integrity and discretion while handling confidential information
- Relevant professional experience, preferably in a startup environment
- BONUS: Basic design skills, use of Photoshop and Illustrator. Assist the marketing events team with small design projects such as flyers, signage, banners & booth graphics.
- Be open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose.
- Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success.
- Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business.
- Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives.
- One Team: We can’t win without each other.
Why join Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the product analytics space, Mixpanel has raised $77M from world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design, and customer service.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.