At Mixpanel, our mission is to increase the rate of innovation. Not only as a company, but for the businesses we serve. Through our analytics platform, companies can analyze how and why their users engage, convert, and retain in real time across web, mobile, and smart devices. Then they can use that data to improve their business and products.
Mixpanel serves over 26,000 companies from different industries around the world, including Samsung, Twitter, and BMW. Headquartered in San Francisco, Mixpanel has offices in New York, Seattle, Salt Lake City, London, Barcelona, and Singapore.
About the role:
Mixpanel is seeking an experienced, self-motivated and hands-on Billing & Revenue Manager to oversee the billing team that is responsible for customer provisioning, accurate and timely delivery of invoices to our clients and recording of revenue in accordance with US-GAAP. You will also be responsible for designing, implementing and enforcing policies, procedures and metrics as well as streamlining effective billing processes in a fast- paced environment.
- Oversee daily operations of the billing function
- Motivate, encourage, coach and train a team of 5 Billing Specialists located in San Francisco and Barcelona.
- Communicate directly with customers, customer success team and sales team on resolving billing issues
- Troubleshoot billing errors and investigate root causes
- Partner with other teams to help drive the Company’s continued growth.
- Review and approve customer orders, credit memos, adjustments and refund requests
- Maintain procedure and operations manuals
- Prepare and review month-end revenue arrangements/journal entries and related analysis
We’re looking for someone who:
- Bachelors’ degree in Accounting
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- 5+ years of revenue recognition experience and GAAP compliance
- 5+ years of proven leadership skills/management experience
- Process improvement skills
- Ability to work under pressure on simultaneous tasks to meet deadlines
Bonus points if you have:
- Industry experience in SaaS, Cloud, Software or other tech verticals
- CPA license
- Knowledge of ASC 606 application and operationalizing
- Be Open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose.
- Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success.
- Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business.
- Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives.
- One Team: We can’t win without each other.
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the product analytics space, Mixpanel has raised $77M from world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design,and customer service.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.