At Mixpanel, our mission is to increase the rate of innovation. Not only as a company, but for the businesses we serve. Through our analytics platform, companies can analyze how and why their users engage, convert, and retain in real time across web, mobile, and smart devices. Then they can use that data to improve their business and products.
Mixpanel serves over 26,000 companies from different industries around the world, including Samsung, Twitter, and BMW. Headquartered in San Francisco, Mixpanel has offices in New York, Seattle, Salt Lake City, London, Barcelona, and Singapore.
About the role
Mixpanel is seeking an experienced, self-motivated finance professional to lead Mixpanel’s financial planning and analysis team and partner with other teams to help drive the Company’s continued growth. You should be a well-rounded top performer with the desire to contribute and add innovative ideas to the expanding team. You will play a critical role in how we prioritize and manage our investment across the business, therefore you will need to bring curiosity and analytical capabilities that help guide teams across the company.
- Lead the quarterly/annual budgeting and planning process, as well as long range strategic planning
- Consolidate the company P&L and provide analysis and presentation of monthly and quarterly financial and operational metrics with synthesis on performance results across the organization
- Work cross functionally to ensure accurate reporting on all financial metrics and key performance indicators and provide operational analysis and reporting
- Partner with department owners to drive “investment to outcome” mentality; Ensure all investments are measured against desired outcomes and course correct when needed; Develop key scorecards that provide senior management with insights into these investments
- Proactively develop key financial analysis and insights to help enable the company to meet its monthly, quarterly, and annual targets, and strategic objectives
- Understand and communicate financial results and trends to management, and recommend appropriate course of action when results differ from plan
- Manage the continued development of budgeting, financial forecasting, operating plan and modeling tools, P&L outlooks and other accounting close processes
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 8+ years of finance experience with backgrounds in FP&A and similar finance leadership roles
- Ability to build a world class FP&A team, balancing short-term goals and building systems and processes that help us scale the organization for its continued growth
- a plus
- College / Advanced Degrees in Finance, Economics or Accounting
- Experience working with forecasting and reporting systems and is system savvy
- Advanced Excel modeling skills
- Critical thinking and effective problem solver
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Demonstrated ability to roll up sleeves and collaboratively work with team
- Ability to work independently and effective prioritize
Bonus points if you have:
- Industry experience in SaaS, Cloud, Software or other tech verticals
- Previous experience in banking, consulting, and other finance roles
- SQL Experience
- Be Open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose.
- Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success.
- Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business.
- Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives.
- One Team: We can’t win without each other.
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the product analytics space, Mixpanel has raised $77M from world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design,and customer service.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.