At Mixpanel, our mission is to increase the rate of innovation. Not only as a company, but for the businesses we serve. Through our analytics platform, companies can analyze how and why their users engage, convert, and retain in real time across web, mobile, and smart devices. Then they can use that data to improve their business and products.
Mixpanel serves over 26,000 companies from different industries around the world, including Samsung, Twitter, and BMW. Headquartered in San Francisco, Mixpanel has offices in New York, Seattle, Salt Lake City, London, Barcelona, and Singapore.
About the role:
As a member of the Finance team, you will be responsible for the implementation and administration of compensation programs and policies that support the go-to-market teams and our services organization. You'll oversee all of our variable compensation programs and provide guidance to department leaders on compensation matters. You will be responsible for hands on execution in addition to managing one compensation analyst.
- Administer variable compensation full-cycle: Design and revise compensation plans, set quotas for our entire sales organization and ensure alignment with plan, obtain alignment with managers and VPs.
- Oversee commission calculations in Xactly, system maintenance and dealing with exceptions to policy.
- Work closely with Sales Operations team to understand the bottoms up bookings forecast to ensure it’s in agreement with the financial plan, and to recommend revisions as needed.
- Work with Salesforce.com to ensure that account values are accurate, to determine appropriate account ownership for quota setting and to ensure bookings are in accordance with compensation policy.
- Monitor Performance of compensation plans and their effectiveness.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 5+ years experience with Sales Compensation
- Solid computer skills required, including Microsoft Excel, Salesforce.com and NetSuite
- Internal and external customer service focus
- Ability to take initiative, work flexibly and with a sense of urgency, and set priorities with minimal direct supervision
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
Bonus points if you have:
- Industry experience in SaaS, Cloud, Software or High-tech
- Be open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose.
- Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success.
- Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business.
- Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives.
- One Team: We can’t win without each other.
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the product analytics space, Mixpanel has raised $77M from world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design,and customer service.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.