At Mixpanel, our mission is to increase the rate of innovation. Not only as a company, but for the businesses we serve. Through our analytics platform, companies can analyze how and why their users engage, convert, and retain in real time across web, mobile, and smart devices. Then they can use that data to improve their business and products.
Mixpanel serves over 26,000 companies from different industries around the world, including Samsung, Twitter, and BMW. Headquartered in San Francisco, Mixpanel has offices in New York, Seattle, London, Barcelona, and Singapore.
About the role:
We’re looking for a curious, analytical, results-driven leader to build out our Growth Marketing team. The Growth Marketing team sits at the intersection of marketing, data, and technology and is responsible for driving continued revenue and pipeline growth for Mixpanel.
Working with product marketers, designers, creative strategists, engineers, sales, and product, this team is the engine of our acquisition growth. You’ll make an immediate and significant impact by building new growth programs, including: full-funnel conversion plans that move customers down each buyer stage; website optimization tests; organic/SEO growth plans; referral programs; ad campaigns; email drips; improved signup flows—and everything in between.
You live to build new hypotheses (backed by data), experiment, and quickly iterate based on results to find pockets of growth. You constantly push the boundaries of what’s possible and help your team propose new projects that drive new leads or convert existing leads. You don’t get frustrated by failed experiments. In fact, you relish in the fact that you’re one step closer to helping your team find another win. You’re ruthless at prioritizing, customer-focused, creative, and obsessed with growing the business, efficiently and expediently.
We’re looking for someone to:
- Define, develop, and lead Mixpanel's direct customer acquisition strategy
- Recruit, develop, and lead a world-class team that other tech companies would be envious of—whip-smart, analytical, experimental, and delivers big results. Team members will span expertise in SEM, paid social, SEO, email, web conversion optimization, and more.
- Manage a multi-million dollar budget, optimizing mix across channels to maximize performance and meet target customer acquisition costs (CAC) while improving customer lifetime value (LTV)
- Own paid media budgets and agencies across SEM, paid social, display to grow overall pipeline revenue
- Work with Mixpanel’s engineering and operations teams to build out the infrastructure, selection, and onboarding of new tools and technology (inclusive of potentially building out our own solutions) to give Mixpanel a competitive advantage in identifying and capturing the right leads for online purchase or sales follow-up
- Create the test-and-learn roadmap to drive continual improvements in pipeline and acquisition growth
- Run weekly team sprints and create an agile, intellectually honest growth culture (e.g. it doesn’t matter what number of initiatives are worked on, it matters what results are delivered)
- Continually analyze acquisition and growth efforts to find areas to double down on, stop, and iterate on
- Strategize with the executive team on new ways to generate revenue and lead the coordination of go-to-market campaigns and activities for new company initiatives that will drive growth
- Work with the planning and finance teams to budget and forecast growth, spend, and ROI performance
- Own the customer journey experience from first contact to conversion and all the way into the sales cycle as a sales accepted opportunity. Work with the team to conduct ongoing research with customers and prospects to improve the user experience.
- Multi-task, be hands-on, dive into the data, and get results
- Experienced. 8+ years of growth, product, or online/performance marketing experience where you’ve delivered big results through executing a variety of web & marketing campaigns (preferably in a SaaS environment on a more technical product). 2+ years hiring, managing, and coaching a team of direct reports.
- Self-driven work ethic. You’re a highly organized self-starter who loves taking initiative and seeing things through to completion. From messaging creation to giving business requirements to technical stakeholders, you relish in digging in and contributing in any way you can.
- Iterative problem solver. You love to iterate on a problem and have technical and hands-on experience with A/B testing, user testing, CMS, CRMs, and analytics (Mixpanel, Google Analytics)
- Numbers-orientated. You love going deep into the numbers and are highly analytical/ROI focused. You push your team to craft analyses and models that generate insights and recommendations that understand the nuances of cohorts, CAC, and LTV.
- Collaborative & influential. You thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced, and informal environment. You’re known for helping teams focus on the right opportunities, paying attention to the little details that matter, and easily influencing other groups to help out on key initiatives.
- Tenacious. Our business is changing and growing fast. Who knows what will be the skills of tomorrow? Flexibility and a learning mindset is key. You don’t let little or big blockers stop you from driving results. You are resourceful and tenacious.
- Builder. You are an entrepreneur—creative, innovative, and motivated to design and build things where they do not already exist
Bonus skills & attributes:
- Quantitative or technical degree highly valued (Statistics, Mathematics, Finance, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering etc.)
- Hands-on experience with Adwords, Facebook, LinkedIn Ads
- Technical SEO knowledge
- HTML, CSS, JS knowledge
- Experience in strategy consulting or investment banking a plus
- Be Open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose.
- Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success.
- Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business.
- Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives.
- One Team: We can’t win without each other.
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the product analytics space, Mixpanel has raised $77M from world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design, and customer service.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.