Mixpanel unlocks the ability for users to analyze and visualize trends in their user behavior and revenue data with ease. Through Mixpanel’s powerful yet user-friendly analytics platform, companies are able to gather insights to learn why things are happening, experiment with new experiences and messages, and continually iterate for growth, across any platform, ultimately helping them understand why users engage, retain, and convert.
With Mixpanel’s award-winning service, unmatched reliability and performance, and intelligent data science algorithms, over 26,000 companies, including Twitter, Time Inc., and Samsung, trust Mixpanel to help them identify opportunities to grow their business.
About the role:
We’re growing our product marketing team to accelerate the adoption and sales of new products for messaging, experimentation, and data infrastructure. You’ll own the core narrative, launches, messaging, competitive positioning strategies, and content for these products. This involves daily cross-functional work with Product, Sales, Customer Success, and the executive team.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has 5-10 years of product marketing or product management experience, with at least 2 years working in B2B, SaaS, or the data and analytics space.
- Is technical, can dig into product details, find smart positioning angles, and build content that showcases these advantages.
- Is a storyteller and expertly expands upon how features work to highlight use cases and business value for each target audience.
- Thrives with autonomy, enjoys solving challenging GTM problems, and is comfortable using data to inform their approach.
- Is organized and self-motivated with the ability to define goals and prioritize work based on what’s most impactful to the business.
- Understands the needs of a B2B sales team and has experience supporting deals
Bonus points if you:
- Have experience using analytics products, such as Mixpanel or Google Analytics.
- Have spent time marketing to any of the following audiences: product managers, developers, growth marketers, data and analytics professionals.
- Have an engineering background, interest in marketing, and a knack for storytelling.
- Lead product marketing strategy and execution for the following products: Messages & Experiments, Data Infrastructure, and Data Export
- Work closely with Product Management and Tech Leads as a strategic voice in product development.
- Launch new features, building messaging, content, and training that sets the GTM team up for success.
- Hone launch processes for efficiency and impact as we scale globally and expand our customer base.
- Own competitive analysis and positioning for key competitors
- Monitor win/loss rates and reasons and report findings back to the business.
- Build battlecards that summarize how Sales should approach deals when specific competitors are involved.
- Work with Enablement to build traps that translate feature differentiation to business value that competitors can’t deliver.
- Manage strategic product communications to customers and prospects
- Create blog posts, webinars, decks, and other content that communicates our product vision.
- Own the monthly product update email and roadmap deck, in partnership with Product leadership.
- Support strategic deals with custom use case recommendations, positioning and content.
- Be open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose.
- Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success.
- Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business.
- Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives.
- One Team: We can’t win without each other.
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the product analytics space, Mixpanel has raised $77M from world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design,and customer service.
Mixpanel is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Seattle, London, Barcelona and Singapore.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.