Mixpanel helps companies measure what matters, make decisions fast, and build better products through data. With our powerful, self-serve product analytics solution, teams can easily analyze how and why people engage, convert, and retain—in real-time, across devices—to improve their user experience.
Mixpanel serves over 26,000 companies from different industries around the world, including Expedia, Uber, Ancestry, DocuSign, and Lemonade. Headquartered in San Francisco, Mixpanel has offices in New York, Seattle, Austin, London, Barcelona, and Singapore.
About the Relevance & Discovery (R&D) Team
How do you now that the data you're looking at is accurate? What if you launch an expensive product based on the wrong information? How do you have confidence in making critical decisions? These are questions the Relevance & Discovery team are trying to answer for Mixpanel's largest customers. As companies grow and add more data into Mixpanel it is important to surface the right information to make data-driven decisions, our team focuses on this by building features such as search, collaboration, permissions, and much more. Your goal: improve how large customers engage with Mixpanel to build better products.
Mixpanel is organized in small product groups (two to five engineers in close partnership with product management and design) to test out user experiences, iterate quickly, and use data-driven validation to get to the best solutions for our customers. You’ll work with product management and design to build and refine creative new ways to make Mixpanel intuitive for new users and growing our self serve business.
- Minimum qualifications
- Someone who is excited to build intuitive UIs that help make customers’ more productive.
- Experience leading projects (breaking down complex tasks, mentorship, etc.)
- Preferred qualifications
- Experience with Python a plus
- Strong opinions about shipping bug-free software, but knowledge of when to compromise & move fast
- Experience building and maintaining large-scale web products
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental Care
- Mental Wellness Benefit
- Generous Vacation Policy & Additional Company Holidays
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- Volunteer Time Off
- Additional US Benefits: Pre-Tax Benefits including 401(K), Wellness Benefit, Holiday Break
- Be Open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose
- Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success
- Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business
- Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives
- One Team: We can’t win without each other
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the product analytics space, Mixpanel has raised $77M from world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design, and customer service.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or other similar laws that may be applicable, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.