At Mixpanel, our mission is to increase the rate of innovation. Not only as a company, but for the businesses we serve. Through our analytics platform, companies can analyze how and why their users engage, convert, and retain in real time across web, mobile, and smart devices. Then they can use that data to improve their business and products.
Mixpanel serves over 26,000 companies from different industries around the world, including Samsung, Twitter, and BMW. Headquartered in San Francisco, Mixpanel has offices in New York, Seattle, Austin, Paris, London, Barcelona, and Singapore.
We are currently growing Mixpanel’s Customer Education organization, which includes the Customer Product Training team, Community, and, of course, Technical Writing. We believe that successful implementation and sustained value extraction from Mixpanel requires enablement through training and sharing of educational resources.
About the role:
The right candidate can create and manage high quality content targeted to a variety of audiences including developers, product managers, and marketers. Content topics range from platform-specific technical implementation guides to product reference guides and analytics best practices. Most importantly, you’ll work with a team of smart, driven individuals with a thirst to learn and an intrinsic desire to delight and surprise customers!
- Create, edit, and manage content for both internal and external audiences across multiple channels including customer-facing help content, internal knowledge base, developer documentation, etc.
- Work closely with Product Managers, Engineers, and subject-matter experts on content for new product releases
- Deliver a consistent and cohesive voice across all of Mixpanel content and documentation
- Partner with customer-facing teams to identify content gaps and improvement areas
- Understand and define all facets of the Mixpanel customer journey, and identify key areas of strategic importance for targeted content
- Be a leader on self-serve best practices with a strong interest in training other teams
- Define content structure, taxonomy, and style
- Collaborate on the overall strategy the self-serve customer experience
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has exceptional communication skills and a proven ability to understand and explain technical concepts to a wide range of audiences
- Is able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment based on the needs of internal teams and Mixpanel customers
- Enjoys and has experience building and maintaining strong working relationships within and outside of their team, including Product Managers and Engineers
- Has experience working with knowledge management platforms (We use Zendesk and Readme.io) as well as version software tools such as git
Bonus points if you:
- Have experience with highly technical Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solutions
- Have used Zendesk, Readme.io, or Mixpanel
- Have experience documenting RESTful APIs
- Are interested in or have experience with software development
- Use metrics to guide content development
About our culture:
- Be Open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose.
- Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success.
- Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business.
- Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives.
- One Team: We can’t win without each other.
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the product analytics space, Mixpanel has raised $77M from world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design,and customer service.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.