At Mixpanel, our mission is to increase the rate of innovation. Not only as a company, but for the businesses we serve. Through our analytics platform, companies can analyze how and why their users engage, convert, and retain in real time across web, mobile, and smart devices. Then they can use that data to improve their business and products.
Mixpanel serves over 26,000 companies from different industries around the world, including Samsung, Twitter, and BMW. Headquartered in San Francisco, Mixpanel has offices in New York, Seattle, Salt Lake City, London, Barcelona, and Singapore.
About the role:
We’re looking for a curious, analytical, results-driven SEO expert to build and execute on the overall Organic strategy with the goal of doubling our organic traffic and bringing in new leads. This role resides in our Growth Marketing team which sits at the intersection of marketing, data, and technology with the overall responsibility for driving continued revenue and pipeline growth for Mixpanel.
In this role, you’ll work within a cross-functional Growth Organic team (Engineering, Analytics, Content Strategy, Web Optimization, Press, & Design) to identify and scale new opportunities to improve organic lead generation for Mixpanel be it through SEO or new referral programs you’ll launch and manage.
We’re looking for someone to:
- Build the overall SEO and Organic strategy and plan for Mixpanel, proactively identifying strategic opportunities and levers for business impact
- Create and manage our SEO program to grow non-brand traffic and revenue: launch and scale new content pages, improve landing page experiences, and increase relevance of current SEO pages
- Diagnose and work with internal teams to address technical SEO issues including crawl errors, broken links, redirects, slow page load times, etc.
- Act as an SEO evangelist within Mixpanel by effectively communicating opportunities and risks across all parts of the organization
- Provide SEO support to the broader Growth team (Engineering, Analytics, Content Strategy, Design, Web) for all ongoing web projects, including new page launches, conversion optimization, and content updates
- Use web analytics (Mixpanel and Google) and SEO tools to monitor, analyze, and optimize website activity, traffic trends, SERP rankings, and customer acquisition metrics through monthly and ad-hoc reports
- Identify opportunities to grow traffic and revenue. You live and breathe impact and constantly look for ways to grow: new page types, new content initiatives, new referral programs, or updating existing experiences within Mixpanel.
- Track our SEO growth with data. Work with the Business Operations and Analytics team to create dashboards to track progress on key initiatives and vigilantly monitor and report on campaign performance—communicating learnings, best practices, and results to internal stakeholders/executives.
- Work with other growth, product, and engineering teams to build new experiences that drive traffic and user engagement, and work with the brand and content team to create human-centric, SEO-effective, scalable content
- Experienced. 4+ years of SEO experience where you’ve delivered big results through meticulous, data-informed analysis
- Technically-minded. Working knowledge of HTML and the technical aspects of SEO, strong understanding of copywriting best practices, and experience conducting data-driven SEO site audits
- Self-driven work ethic. You’re a highly organized self-starter who takes initiative and sees things through to completion
- Numbers-orientated. You love going deep into the numbers and are highly analytical/ROI focused. You’re a power user of Excel and easily manipulate data, build reports, and craft analyses to generate insights and recommendations.
- Collaborative yet persistent. You thrive working in a highly demanding and fast-paced team environment where delivering results is paramount. You collaborate well with others, build consensus, and influence with persistence, grit, and data.
- Builder. You are an entrepreneur—creative, innovative, and motivated to design and build things where they do not already exist. You experiment, are flexible, and are forever curious about how to improve your craft.
Bonus skills & attributes:
- Quantitative or technical degree highly valued (Statistics, Mathematics, Finance, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering etc.)
- Experience working with an agency or internal content team to directly support SEO efforts at a B2B business
- Be Open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose.
- Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success.
- Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business.
- Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives.
- One Team: We can’t win without each other.
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the product analytics space, Mixpanel has raised $77M from world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design, and customer service.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.